can I get wifi in house without phone line?

ontheline

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
hi hope can get some advice here, ive lost my job and currently paying a small fortune for my phone and broadband and can no longer afford it, I need to try and maintain my wifi but want to get rid of my landline and just pay for broadband, is this possible or can you help with the cheapest way to keep broadband within my household but need to scrap everything else including phone, please help?

ontheline

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
I have giffgaff on my phone and I pay £6 per month but limited data etc but can't rely on phone all the time for broadband, so I need to keep phone to have broadband at home?

It depends on your line. Sky for example can offer only broadband without phone line. Have you done broadband comparison? You'll save a lot there. Also, of you go via Quidco, you'll get cashback for new connections (around £100-200 cashback).

ThisIsJimmy

Nov 11, 2020
Visit site
If you are getting universal credit the VOXI (part of Vodaphone ) are doing an offer of a sim only deal with unlimited downloads and calls for just 10 quid a month. offer ends at the end of this month.

hot spot from your phone.
I like this.

@ontheline If you have good phone reception in your area (you can download free apps 'OpenSignal' and 'Network Cell Info Lite' on your phone to check reception, download speeds, etc.) and hot spotting off a phone doesn't work for you, then purchase a 4G LTE router. I've just had to set up and configure a couple of the RUTX routers for work. Whilst the RUTX-11 and RUTX-12 are definitely way more expensive than you'd need as they are hardened businesses routers, their are much cheaper options out on the market. Something like this: TP Link AC750 Dual-Band Wi-Fi 4G Router should do you.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts