Can anyone recommend a home cinema reciever for music?

APNASSER

Nov 21, 2009
Visit site
I have a Technics sua900 integrated amp with slps670 cd player running through a pair of spendor s6e speakers.

I am in the process of converting my system to a home cinema set up and was wondering if I could get a home cinema amp that would compete or improve on my current hifi amp ( It may be old but it sounds great! ).

I can run my panasonic bd60 through the system as well but have found it doesn't quite compete with the technics cd player.

I am willing to spend up to £500 on the amp/reciever, any suggestions?

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
Firstly you need to demo. What you consider to be acceptable for music might not be for someone else. The usual suspects are Denon, Marantz and Yamaha. Personally I would look for an AV Receiver with front pre-out connections and retain your existing hifi amp in the setup. The hifi amp will continue to drive the fronts and the AV Receiver will drive the centre and rears and output to the subwoofer. The likes of Yamaha RX-V765 have front pre-outs.

APNASSER

Nov 21, 2009
Visit site
Thanks, I hadn't considered this as an option. Just have to convince the better half ! Now can anyone recommend some speakers to match the spendors without it costing too much. I have seen a tannoy eyris centre for £150 and wondered if it would match in with the spendors? Any help on the surrounds which have to be compact would be very useful.

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
i have the denon1909 and have heard the denon 1910 as well and i would say they have best interface out there unreal quailty for sound on movies but they play it way to safe on stereo playback so i would look at the 2310 if funds allow but if not i would not go near denon 19.. range if stereo playback is key. I really like yamaha for stereo playback on there av amps so i would try and demo one of them, but i found the interface poor. this is imo only

A

Anonymous

The Yamaha's are just beautiful for music. Up to £500, I've not heard better, overall.

Boca

May 9, 2009
Visit site
Missed the price. Sorry.... What about Marantz? have a listen first. I wonder if it is me I know they don't have the features as some others but I like the sound it makes.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts