Can anyone recommend a good vinyl record cleaner?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

NADman

Jul 26, 2023
Visit site
I have a Knosti Disco Antistat but it is a fluid based cleaning system, also a carbon fibre bush if its simply dust.
Depends on your budget really.
Note: without wet cleaning it is impossible to clean even new discs thoroughly.....
i use a Knosti wet cleaning system and had the best results than any other method including an expensive cleaning "machine", used with Vinylshelter cleaning fluid you will get brilliant results, for extra dirty records a "Tonar Wetgoat" brush can be used to pre-clean before going in the Knosti.

nads

Morning all....I've been toying with the idea of getting back into vinyl (like many others) over the last couple of years. I decided to take the plunge, did loads of research into a straightforward turntable setup, and ended up down so many rabbit holes!!! I didn't have a big budget so decided to go for a package that had already been put together by a certain hi fi chain of stores. Anyways, it all arrived yesterday and I'm so pleased with it, but I've only got a few LPs so far (Mike Oldfield x 2 and Elton John) and I listened to them all last night. I've got my eye on much more vinyl and intend to increase my collection. Here's my simple set up; Pro-ject Primary E turntable, Cambridge AXA35 amp and Q Acoustics 3010 speakers. Any other advice / info would be much appreciated. Thanks for your time 👍.

Have you tried one?
I have always used carbon fibre.
The only goat hair brushes I have used was to paint metal figures back in the day.
You had to ask.
8bZHHeN.jpg

NADman

Jul 26, 2023
Visit site
That's all you need to do if then using a wet Knosti.
Or am I missing something?
What's the point of a wet brush if then using a wet bath...
the wetgoat can be used for dirtier records as a pre - wash scrub , the record is laid flat on a cloth and the cleaning fluid (i use Vinylshelter) is sprayed on and the brush is used as a deep clean, then placed in the tank for a final wash to remove particles of dust, has worked very well for me for many years. For new records i use the tank cleaning stage only, it removes dust, any remnants of pressing release grease and also removes static as well.

the wetgoat can be used for dirtier records as a pre - wash scrub , the record is laid flat on a cloth and the cleaning fluid (i use Vinylshelter) is sprayed on and the brush is used as a deep clean, then placed in the tank for a final wash to remove particles of dust, has worked very well for me for many years. For new records i use the tank cleaning stage only, it removes dust, any remnants of pressing release grease and also removes static as well.
So you don't use it as well as Knosti bath?

TRENDING THREADS