Can anyone comment if AVI ADM 9.1 are better then EB2?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Mr Steve

Oct 24, 2007
Visit site
chebby:

As for the twins, you can easily wall-mount those speakers with Genelec's own bespoke wall-mounts for only £36.

Ok no excuses left
emotion-1.gif

For a minute there i thought chebby was going to suggest wall
mounting the twins
emotion-2.gif
- that should also keep the equipment safe.

A

Anonymous

Much bigger companies than EB Acoustics have had trouble meeting demand after a five-star review...

Clare

I'm just thankful I dont have the responsibility of "making or breaking" HiFi firms in this current economic climate. All with the simple addition or subtraction of a star or two.

Keep the good work up.

Best

Serenity

A

Anonymous

Zubkabera:
I know lot of you would say I am comparing apple to oranges, but in my hunt for perfect speakers I need to know in pure SQ if AVI would outperform EB2.

Unfair comparison. You can't compare an active (pretty damned good too!!!)) with a passive. Also, EB2 is half the price and still cheaper even if you sent it back!

T

the record spot

chebby:
RS, I am pretty sure you could get the majority of the funding (£800) for those speakers from the sale of your system on ebay. You have some very collectible stuff after all.

A quick check of recently completed sales on ebay shows two sales of Mission 752s for £300 and an AU 717 for £227 + £110 delivery and an SA7001 KI for £250.

You don't need a CD player (assuming you have a computer at home) just a DAC like the Behringer UCA 202 for £22 and your CDs ripped losslessly.

As for the twins, you can easily wall-mount those speakers with Genelec's own bespoke wall-mounts for only £36.

Ok no excuses left
emotion-1.gif

Ah, well, y'see, this assumes a couple of things, not least that I can just fix a pair of speakers to a wall that doesn't currently belong to me (we rent, so a bridge to cross there) and then I just have to get Mrs. R_S to agree to the above. Hmmm.

But, for now, I rather like the Sansui and the mix with the Missions and sources works well for the most part. I could get picky over some elements but by and large, there's no issues to report of. It sounds good at low volumes and excellent with a bit of welly. Yes, the actives would be clean and crystal clear sounding, but to be fair, this is the best amp I've clapped ears on in a very long time. I enjoy the music it reproduces and if we accept that the proof of the pudding is in the eating, I can sit - and have done - for hours on end listening to music on this and I happily forget the hifi when I do.

T

the record spot

idc:The Record Spot, the Yamaha HS50M vs the Genelec 6010A, who wins?
Tough call mate; never heard the two side by side, but the Yammies are £250 and the Gennies around £500 for that model. The latter are very good however.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
the record spot:But, for now, I rather like the Sansui and the mix with the Missions and sources works well for the most part. I could get picky over some elements but by and large, there's no issues to report of. It sounds good at low volumes and excellent with a bit of welly. Yes, the actives would be clean and crystal clear sounding, but to be fair, this is the best amp I've clapped ears on in a very long time. I enjoy the music it reproduces and if we accept that the proof of the pudding is in the eating, I can sit - and have done - for hours on end listening to music on this and I happily forget the hifi when I do.

A bit subjective there RS.

Isn't the 'proof of the pudding' in the engineering?
emotion-5.gif

T

the record spot

Aye, probably and if my current kit was dreck, I'd probably go down that road, but it's the listening experience that taps into the emotion or subjective response. On another forum recently I mentioned how some of my happiest memories listening to music were on a Dansette Viva record player back in the 60s. Far from hifi, but it cut through to the soul of the music.

So yes, I like a good design, but I'm not going overboard on the whole subjective/objective thing at home...the internet's good enough for that.
emotion-1.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts