cambrige loss of right channel at start up

trevorok

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
thumbs_up.gif
ni new hear have a cambridge 351a amp that has a low right channel output on start up ​does come back and forth on its own and can bring the channel back by switching the amp on and off same on all lines have 2 sets of speakers aero 2 and mordaunt short 5.30 on b set 351c cd player nice amp and kit any ideas can listen ok when on for over .5 hrs thanks mally

splasher

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

not sure I'm best to answer this, but no one else has yet. It sounds like a failing component to me but you could start by checking all of your speaker cable connections to ensure there are no intermittent shorts caused by stray strands or the like which could cause protection circuits to activate. Unlikely but the best advice I can offer unless the amp's still under warranty, in which case take it back.

trevorok

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
i have checked all other input and speaker connections and could i clean this relay with a swich cleaner are there 2 seperate relays or 1 for both channels the amp and cd have a lovely clear sound and this only happened as i had not used it for about a month and its down in a basement room many thanks mally
wink_smile.gif

paulkebab

Dec 26, 2014
Visit site
the relay cover will hopefully come off easy enough and get some electrical contact cleaner in there. There's usually one relay, a double pole setup so clean all contacts, then dry off carefully.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts