Cambridge Topaz 5 CD Player

priam

Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, I'm on a budget, and I know way more about Turntables than I do about CD Players.

Looking at the Topaz CD5 player, it says that it can play back all manners of CDs, as well as mp3s and wmas. Can I play all of my CD collection on this puppy? Or os it limited to files that are encoded as mp3s and wmas.
Can it play Wav for instance

priam

Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
Just found out this doesn't offer it, so now looking at the Marantz cd5005, still I want to make sure that all my CDs can be played on it, including store-bought, which are supposedly in Wavs format.

D

Deleted member 108165

Just found out this doesn't offer it, so now looking at the Marantz cd5005, still I want to make sure that all my CDs can be played on it, including store-bought, which are supposedly in Wavs format.
Think I'm right in saying that this will play everything except the SA layer on an SACD and DVDs. It supports gapless playback too. If you could push to the CD6000 range then they have a USB port on the front so you can play from a pen-drive or stick if you want = hours of listening if you so please without changing discs.

D

Deleted member 108165

Agreed a CD player is a CD player... simples,

Gray

As everyone has said, any (working) CD player will play shop-bought CDs.

I've got older Philips and Sony players that can't play CDR or CDRW discs.
Some players were OK with CDR but not CDRW.
My 18 year old Marantz CD6000 proudly states, 'CD REWRITABLE PLAYBACK' on the front, which was useful for me. It's also got a 'CD TEXT' button, but I've never had any such CDs.

TRENDING THREADS