Cambridge cxnv2 good or to bright?

The One

Aug 31, 2022
Visit site
I am looking at a new streamer. CD's in flac on a NAS. With my system it must be a streamer that doesn't sound bright or highlighted shortcomings from the recordings. Play rock and symphonic metal on normal listening niveau. Is these Cambridge a good buy? Or better a Marantz? (maybe the cd player cd 60 and no streaming anymore). My system: MF M5si amp, Tannoy xt8f speakers, Van den Hul D352 speakercable, Van den Hul D102 3T interconnect.

barcpc

Mar 23, 2021
Visit site
I'm not sure I'm the right person to answer this since I just started on this Hi-fi World and my setup is 100% Cambridge, I have the CXN-V2, CXA-61 and CXC (CD Player).
I love the clear sound, the details it has, just brings a lot of live to the music, plus the ease to handle all from the app or the remote control.

Reactions: Al ears

Samd

I have had the CXN V1 for many a year now pulling flac from a Synology NAS with no issues in terms of access or the Cambridge Android app. Most certainly not bright - highly recommended here but not enough change in the V2 for me to move up one step!

Reactions: Al ears
I'm not sure I'm the right person to answer this since I just started on this Hi-fi World and my setup is 100% Cambridge, I have the CXN-V2, CXA-61 and CXC (CD Player).
I love the clear sound, the details it has, just brings a lot of live to the music, plus the ease to handle all from the app or the remote control.
Think you got the nail on the head with your description, it really is going to be down to the OP to decide whether it's 'bright' to him.
The only way this can happen is for him to audition himself.

Reactions: Gray

The One

Aug 31, 2022
Visit site
I need more time for a decision. Streaming no. That decision i have made. It's now back to CD or Vinyl. With my music, most symphonic metal, maybe Vinyl better.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts