Cambridge azur 340a right channels dont work

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I have a Cambridge azur 340a amp, which hasnt been used for some time. It was working before. Ive checked both my speakers are working and ive also tried using the right b channel to no avail. I have a Richer sounds just round the corner but would rather not have to pay £40 plus to get it fixed if i can help it. can any one help me? I'm an absolute amateur when it comes to this kind of thing, so please aim any replys as though answering a six year old.

Any help will be greatly received.

Thanks,

David.

kevinJ

Nov 2, 2008
Visit site
Hello and welcome to the forum.

I'll start with the simple things first. Is there a balance adjuster on your amp? Might sound stupid, but it's easily turned while cleaning.

Have you checked the amp without speakers attached? Do both channels of a headphone work?

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
Have you swapped the leads over from your CDP left-right and right-left. If the problem now moves to the other speaker it proves it's not the amp but your CDP or a duff lead.

A

Anonymous

The balance is fine, first thing i checked. I will check the headphone idea though as soon as i get home from work.

Thank you for that and thanks for the welcome.

David.

A

Anonymous

:poke: I'm also an absolute amateur.Sorry.

track.php

A

Anonymous

I have the swopped the leads round to check that both speakers work and that both leads are fine.

thanks very much for the reply,

David

A

Anonymous

Will be trying headphones tonight. Both inputs on new cambridge leads, both inputs have same result.

Mooly

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
It's sounding like a "top off" and have a look and a measure job tbh. If you feel confident working on this (and cheap digiutal meter is a must for anything other than the most basic inspection) then there is a fair chance of success.

The fact that one channel works is promising as any major circuit fault would prevent the speaker relay connecting (so both channels would be silent).

My feeling is that it's worth looking for physical damage. Any "stick out bits" such as volume controls etc are easily knocked and cracked/damaged or maybe if lucky, just the circuit board connections on such parts need resoldering.

Not the ideal forum for this but if you want to try...........

A

Anonymous

Ok Mooly, day off on Thursday so will indeed take the top off. I will probably get the same feeling when i take anything apart, especially engines and electronics.....errr??

Thanks again everyone, will keep you posted.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts