Cambridge audio minx min11 crackling at high volumes

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
At high volumes individual surround speakers make a popping ot crackling sound. Has anyone else had this problem? Makes me want to get some better ones. My fronts dont struggle at high volumes! Although because i have bumped them up 10db it might have an effect..although i cant even hear them. Annoying!

Regardless of what Benedict Arnold says, this is exactly why it is recommended that you get speakers from the same series ideally, or the same manufacturer for tonal match. Such issues don't arise then.

Try Dali Zensor 1.

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
bigboss said:
Regardless of what Benedict Arnold says, this is exactly why it is recommended that you get speakers from the same series ideally, or the same manufacturer for tonal match. Such issues don't arise then.

Try Dali Zensor 1.

I dont think i have the space for big speakers as my surrounds. Which sucks. Rang up richer sounds and they said it shouldn't be making the noise regardless. So not sure

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
bigboss said:

Try Dali Zensor 1.

he actually recommended zensor 1's instore today, i also looked at zensor pico as they are smaller, but i want as much max volume as possible without any issues arrising like with my current surround speakers not being able to go loud at all.

what also was suggested is that i go back to 5.1 from 7.1

however he said i should only have the 2 surrounds speakers behind me, with none at the side of me. is that a thing? i didn't think there was an option on surround sound setups with speakers behind you but not at the sides.

i need an answer asap on this if possible from somebody, as i plan to maybe buy the zensor 1 or pico on wednesday.

and maybe if i go back down to 5.1 i will eventually upgrade to atmos in the future, with kef upfiring atmos speakers as in ceiling don't work that well in my room with big ceiling fan above my head when sat down.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts