admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi All,

Recently i wanted to upgrade my Hifi to midrange system. Currently I am using

Cambridge Audio Azur 640 V2 & Azur 640V2 CD
Speakers: EBAcoustic EB1 Speakers
Speaker cables: Atlas Equator MKII bi-wire
Interconnect: Atlas equator superior interconnect.
Mains: Clearer Audio CopperLine Alpha Power-Hub
Clearer Audio Copper-Line Alpha (mains)

I mostly listen to Jazz & Bossa Nova... occasionally listen to sentimental pop.

My next upgrade into mid-range hifi, I am interested in Naim Nait 5i & Naim CD5i (Mk II)

Had anyone use the naim nait 5i & naim cd5i mkII on EBacoustic EB1 speakers?
Does it sound lush ; warmth ; neutral and open??? i focus on midrange alot

Pls feel free to advice.... the sound if iam using back my interconnects / mains & speakers onto Naim system would it be suitable on jazz ... and a great leap of improvement in the sounding cos i still think cambridge audio sounded slightly bright although EBAcoustic speakers & atlas cables already improve alot

thanks & Best Rgds,
Alvin

A

Anonymous

I haven't heard the EB2, but the Naim is a better amp all round than the Cambridge Audio, which tends towards the bright. The Nait is a neutral amp, perhaps a little on the warm side compared to the Cambridge Audio, and works well with most speakers.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
In the November 2010 issue of What Hifi? magazine there is an 'Ultimate System Builder' article dedicated to the EB1s.

The Naim Nait 5i-2 and CD5i-2 were listed (and photographed) as the EB1's 'Perfect partners' in the article.

tayalvin said:
Hi All, Recently i wanted to upgrade my Hifi to midrange system. Currently I am using Cambridge Audio Azur 640 V2 & Azur 640V2 CD Speakers: EBAcoustic EB1 Speakers Speaker cables: Atlas Equator MKII bi-wire Interconnect: Atlas equator superior interconnect. Mains: Clearer Audio CopperLine Alpha Power-Hub Clearer Audio Copper-Line Alpha (mains) I mostly listen to Jazz & Bossa Nova... occasionally listen to sentimental pop. My next upgrade into mid-range hifi, I am interested in Naim Nait 5i & Naim CD5i (Mk II) Had anyone use the naim nait 5i & naim cd5i mkII on EBacoustic EB1 speakers? Does it sound lush ; warmth ; neutral and open??? i focus on midrange alot Pls feel free to advice.... the sound if iam using back my interconnects / mains & speakers onto Naim system would it be suitable on jazz ... and a great leap of improvement in the sounding cos i still think cambridge audio sounded slightly bright although EBAcoustic speakers & atlas cables already improve alot thanks & Best Rgds, Alvin

Is there anything you don't like about your current set-up? If you do like the Cambridge/EB sound the obvious upgrade would be the 840V2 + CDP.

Gut feeling the Nait would be superior to the 640, having heard both (not together), but the Naim lacks inputs, the main reason I was choked away from it.

As always go and listen to the Naim and Cambridge 840 and decide for yourself.

A

Anonymous

Plastic Penguin, he finds his current system is too bright with the Cambridge Audio amp, which is why he wants a change. At least, that's how I read it.

Grottyash said:
Plastic Penguin, he finds his current system is too bright with the Cambridge Audio amp, which is why he wants a change. At least, that's how I read it.

Didn't see that bit.

The reason why I suggested the 840 is because I heard it round Gerrardasnails's house one lunchtime with his old RS6s and the 840 doesn't have the top-end sharpness of Cambridge's budget stuff, so it could be a tasty shoot-out between the two.

A

Anonymous

Hi Thanks Grottyash,

I thought so too... a midrange better system. BTW iam a singaporean so over here the authorised Naim dealer paired the Naim Nait combos with Neat Motive bookshelf speakers i think is 3 if i can still remember.... it is very nice neutral & warmth i liked them.

Just wondering if it suit EB1 so i posted this forum...

Thanks for the assurance..

Best rgds,
Alvin

A

Anonymous

Hi Chebby,

You answered my question and doubts thanks !!

Best Rgds,
Alvin

Would like to put forward another suggestion: Try changing the source only to a Nait or Rega or Arcam.

Many of the mags have quoted my amp as being bright, but with my sources it certainly isn't. Consider, also, that many say Monitor Audio RS6 have a bright top-end, proves, if nothing else, that the source could be the key here.

A

Anonymous

Cambridge 840A V2 Vs. Naim Nait 5i?

The former sounds fine (a bit clinical) but ... but taking into account built quality, there's no comparison. Naim Nait 5i's parts are higher grade and overall it sounds more natural.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts