Cambridge Audio 840C

A

Anonymous

why not? and what is wrong with ikons?

They won a lot of awards

John Duncan

I'm just saying I have no idea whether they'll go well with the Cambridge pair!

If I had to guess, I'd say the combination might be a bit bright, but guessing's not much good to you
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

Having never heard any of the kit mentioned, any recommendation from me should be taken with a pinch of salt. I understand that the 840 amp is very good, pretty neutral but perhaps not the most punchy or exciting (sounds like a good thing to me). Thus, I would try pairing with Neat Motive 2 speakers, party beasts that might balance the proceedings, but watch their tweeter for harshness.

Another option could be PMC GB1i or FB1i. Both have very neutral responses but their transmission line bass will make them sound punchy and involving (the FB1i are fabulous and had me glued for every second
emotion-1.gif
with the Primare I30 and CD30).

The Dali Ikon range use ribbon tweeters which go to high frequency extremes. This is a good thing if they're placed with sympathy, i.e. not in a very reflective room.

A lot of this comes back to taste but I think the CA 840 amp and CDP will be a very good buy indeed...unless you're a party animal, in which case hunt down the Nait XS.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts