cambridge audio 640p or Graham Slee Gram amp 1 ?

tommyb

Jan 12, 2008
Visit site
connecting a Technics SL1210 with AT440ML cartridge to my Onkyo 875

which is the best choice? auditioning is not possible really - no suppliers here in the sunny Isle of Man

A

Anonymous

Not heard the Graham Slee but I own the 640p. It is fantastic value, even with the recent price hike from £60 to £80. A genuine hi-fi bargain. Sounds superb with my Pro-ject Xpression II turntable. Great rhythm, detail and superb timing. Far better than my old Audiolab 8000a which was noted for it's onboard phono stage and one of the reasons why I bought it..

A friend of mine has the Cambridge 540p which is a bit cheaper and is also excellent value. Doesn't have the mc input that the 640p has but is very close in performance to the 640p and is only £50.

tommyb

Jan 12, 2008
Visit site
cheers

i'm convinced about the Cambridge Audio to be honest and was all set to get it - but then came accross the Graham Slee on another bit of research and now i'm undecided again - DOH!

It's meant to be outstanding for the money

Anyone else got a clue?

T

the record spot

Must admit not have heard either (great help here then) but good though the 640p is, I think my money would go towards the Slee based on what I've heard. Meant to be superb for the money. Don't think you would go wrong with either though, to be fair.

tommyb

Jan 12, 2008
Visit site
thanks- to be fair you're pretty spot on I think.

Not seen one negative about either - but the Gram amp 1 seems to edge it on superlatives.
emotion-1.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts