Cambridge 540A

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Richersounds are offering a Cambridge 540A V2 for £150, I intend to pair it with the Mission M33i, whilst I'm sure it will sound 'good', are there any suggestions for a better set-up regarding speakers?

Budget is absolutely fixed at £200 and they MUST be floorstanders.

Thanking you in advance.

John Duncan

See if you can find a pair of Tannoy Mercury F3s for under £200 (found some for £220 straight off, somebody may have a pair in budget) or, even better, a pair of Revolution R2s if anybody has any anywhere........

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Decent budget floorstanders are hard to find, but i'd also see if Richer will do you a deal on the Mordaunt Short MS914 - list price £250, but i'm sure you could haggle them down.

Otherwise look for a deal on the Q Acoustics 1030 - list price £230, but i've seen them on sale for as little as £130, which is a steal.

A

Anonymous

Just checked their website and the 540A is still listed as 249 so I am assuming that this is either used or ex demo...is that right?

A

Anonymous

No, I actually received an email this morning as part of their VIP club offers, it only applies to silver units though, but at that price....hey!

A

Anonymous

Sorry I haven't replied to any postings yet, I've been searching the suggestions. I've found some F3's at a store just 6 miles away for £185 so far, could this be a result?

A

Anonymous

12.50pm, well, just back from my shopping trip, it is the 540 V2 on promotion Via the VIP mailshot for £149.00...Bargain!

I went with Clare's recommendation and got a pair of Q Acoustics 1030 for £129 from Superfi. Just having a brew now, then I'll have a listen to what it looks like, or is it a look at what it sounds like?

Thanks for the info, am I a member of the gang now?

A

Anonymous

Shortbread!...............Sorry I forgot, it's Hobnobs on here isn't it.

John Duncan

I'm Scottish, so shortbread is an acceptable substitute on occasion, especially Duchy Original, or even their Oaten Biscuits with Cracked Black Pepper.

Anyway, get off here - go listen! Report back!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts