Calling the Dac Magic mafia!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Lol I like that term chebby..

Anyways I must admit that I thought the Dac Magic was all hype and at best you over exaggerating but no, I can eat my words because having now got my beresford up and running, what a difference!. Instantly the vocals just seem to become more focused and clearer, the symbols really strike when they are supoosed to, a crunching guitar riff really does crunch but even more apparently is the wonderful detail and seperation, it used to be a case that on my XB930 you had to listen to pick out the background noises, but not so, it's like being able to listen to the music outside with the window fully open as opposed to slightly ajar. It is without a shadow of a doubt the best 90.00 I have ever spent on my system. It makes me wonder just how good the dac magic is since many people have said that the dac magic has a much greater level of refinement.

I should point out i was streaming wav files from my ps3 to the dac via optical

A

Anonymous

Haha, I am referring to other forums
emotion-2.gif
in reference to CA Dac Magic vs Beresford

A

Anonymous

second hand from ebay, the week before i missed out on one for 67.00
emotion-6.gif

A

Anonymous

You have heard it using your pc with lossless? if not, reserve judgement

A

Anonymous

If you are saying that the audio quality of the NAD C542 is better than the dac magic, then i am surprised but at the same time, c'est la vie, get your money back

nads

Not i was saying that i could not hear any great difference.

But today i poped into our local HiFi/car stereo/TV place and i got to hear a difference with the Dac magic.

We tested it on a Yamaha set up (CD-S2000 and A-S2000) through some JBL LS80.

First we connected up the Dack with the cables i use Quennx referance coax and Chord Chameleon sliver plus while the CDP was connected to the Amp with some Supra EFF 1 Interconnects.

well first listens and i could maybe hear a little difference.

Then we decided to swap out the Chords for some more EFF 1ïs

Well anyone could then hear a difference.

So back home and I have swapped My EFF 1ïs off the Phono amp to the Dac magic.

And i can now definatly hear a small difference.

Not as big as at the shop but there is a difference.

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
if you really want to hear the difference a dac makes keep your eyes out for the musical fidelity v8 dac - it has the added bonus of having a solid state and tube state output for when you want that little extra warmth - an amazing piece of kit

A

Anonymous

A truly brilliant DAC should be invisible. It seems people on the hype wave expect a delivery of an improved unknown quantity.

It is a digital to analogue converter. £200 doesn't do Magic. As with CD players the more you pay the better it gets, no rabbits involved.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts