calling all MACBOOK experts.....cna you guys help

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
When in itunes and i try to import songs from a CD, it gives me the following message - "Error occurred while converting the file 'song title'. You do not have the privilege to make changes".

I have looked this up - and it seems to be it is because i don't have write access to my external harddrive, where i am ripping the songs to.

To solve the problem, i have been told to click on the destination folder - get info - and then click the 'locked box' - and it should ask for my administrator password. The locked option on the folder is greyed out, so nothing happens.

I have then tried to use a program called batchmod, which i think can be used to unlock folders on macs but that doesn't seem to work either.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Stan

A

Anonymous

Cheers John - that maybe it.

It is a NTFS.

If I format the drive on the macbook, it gives me a few options for format -

Mac OS Extended (journaled) // Mac OS Extended // Mac OS Extended (case-sensitive, jounaled) // Mac OS Extended (case-sensitive) // MS-DOS (FAT)

Do you know which is the best to choose?

Thanks again

Stan

A

Anonymous

If you're only going to be using the hard drive on Macs (and there's nothing on it currently) then it would be better to format it to Mac OS Extended (Journaled), just because that's the native Mac OS X file format. However if you ever intend to plug it into a PC then go with MS-DOS.

TRENDING THREADS