Cabling Cyrus amp/cd & MA speakers

bjd2772

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
Suggestions please: I'm about to set up my Cyrus amp, CD (6) & Monitor Audio speakers & would greatly appreciate some cabling advice. I have some old Nordost blue Heaven & old QED cables from my original Audiolab system but feel they may be a little dated & potentially add to the brightness of the Cyrus/MA combination. I would like something that brings some degree of balance/warmth to rather neutral Cyrus / MA combination. I've tried going back through old posts & noted Chord & DNM mentioned a few times - has anyone compared these 2? Also wondered about the Brilliance interconnect. Only other trouble i'm having is finding somewhere that sells at least the Chord & DNM so i can compare the 2 Just as a footnote - anyone know why the SE cd player has been put back again? Hope to see a review soon forget this - read another post on the same matter.

bjd2772

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
ok, 2 things:

1) i've read on the other link about Cyrus falling out with their software provider
2) how do you create paragraphs!
Any advice on speaker & interconnect advice - please!

bjd2772

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
Just in case anyone else does read this! My system is a Cyrus 6vs amp, CD6s & Monitor Audio RS6s.

I've also seen on another site Van Dammes cables recommended but i've never even heard of these. Any views to add a little warmth to my current set up?

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
Van Damme blue is good, Gotham even better or some may suggest some Cyrus's own cables which is also very good in fact they are as good as DMN but more expensive.

I would just spend the cash on Gotham

A

Anonymous

I bought a Cyrus 6CD and a Cyrus 8 amp a couple of years back, and went with the advice from the shop on cables. The recommendation was Chord Rumour 2 speaker cable and Chord Cobra 2 interconnects.

I bought Dynaudio Audience 52 speakers, and that was what the chap in the shop was using at the time, so I figured, hell, you have to trust someone in this world!

I've always been happy with the set up. You pays yer money and takes yer choice, but really, just go with what your ear tells you?

TRENDING THREADS