Cables

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

RobinKidderminster

May 27, 2009
Visit site
Thanks Rick. The speed of light is less of a problem than the molecular struxture of my chamois not to mention the small tweezers. Woops. Didnt mean ro mention those. Nor the importance of room treatment. And dont forget the pesky imps. Sorry, amps.

'Nurse calling' "Time for your pills deary"

Thought she meant Pils.

Xheers

Overdose said:
MUSICRAFT said:
RobinKidderminster said:
Damned difficult to clean those 240v electrons tho. Oh how Ive tried. :)

Cheers

PS - Often recommended an occasional wipe/scrape of connectors?

Hi RobinKidderminster

If you can get to the speed of light then hopefully you should find the electrons easier to clean :grin:

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Sorry to be dull, but electrons travel at about 1/4 mm per second through power cables. :p

Hi Overdose

Don't you start :grin:

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

RobinKidderminster

May 27, 2009
Visit site
Sorry overdose. Not wishing to make trivial this important discussion on cables I should remind you.that the National Grid in Kidderminster uses supwrconductors throufhout their domestic hifi/av sub structure supply. Catxhing wlectrons is fine with a good pair of gloves.

Sorry spellings due to pills.

Cheers

Overdose

Feb 8, 2008
Visit site
RobinKidderminster said:
Sorry overdose. Not wishing to make trivial this important discussion on cables I should remind you.that the National Grid in Kidderminster uses supwrconductors throufhout their domestic hifi/av sub structure supply. Catxhing wlectrons is fine with a good pair of gloves.

Sorry spellings due to pills.

Cheers

Indeed.

:cheers:

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
DocG said:
Native_bon said:
Well well, cables again?..lol...

Important things b4 u will notice differences in cables.

1) Clean mains. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT. Not on the cheap, proper mains conditioners. I use mains conditioners in my music recording studio. The difference is night & day.

2) your system is only only as strong as the weakest link. Any weak HIFi equipment, component or cable will stop you from hearing any change in sound.

3) Cheapo speakers will not tell you the changes happening in your music system.

4) CLEAN MAINS.. did I mention that before.. YES THATS HOW IMPORTANT IT IS>

Hi NB,

I heard you well, that clean mains make a difference? What's your opinion on balanced mains? Looks less expensive than a power plant (or AC-generator, mains regenerator or whatever you call it), and as far as I understand, it might have more effect than an expensive mains cable. But then again, my knowledge of electricity is rather poor (and that's an understatement :rofl:).

Clean your mains up as much as you can. Before now, I used the mini sub. Right now am using an Isol-8 mains conditioner. Cost around £700.00. you can't really clean your mains with cables alone & neither can it be done on the cheap am afriad.

After gettin a good mains conditioner then you can think of getting good mains cables to connect to your HIFI.

Also running a direct feed from my fuse box to my HIFI & studio setup.

A

Anonymous

Getting back to the point ......

Nothing wrong with taking a step up from basic cheap cables, if only for the better build quality and connectors.

I'm not advocating you should spend a fortune on cables, my rule of thumb is around 10% of whatever kit you're connecting.

Buying off certain auction sites can be a winner, I picked up an £80 coax cable for £20, bargainous.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts