Cables for new Sony S760

SpiceWeasel

Apr 10, 2008
Visit site
Just ordered a S760 off play for £99.99 and will be needing some new cables. I really shouldn't have as I have just bought a new car but the price was to good to pass up. So I am after some cheap cables for my new player, a 1M hdmi lead (maybe 1.5metres) and some 5.1 phonos for the multi outs. I think 0.5M for the phonos should be plenty but I would need to check, maybe 0.75 or 1M might be a safer bet.

As for a budget well the cheaper the better but I don't want to compromise to much on sound quality by buying some dirt cheap 5.1 phonos when spending slightly more will give better results. If I can buy the cables for around £30 or so I will be a happy chappy.

So any suggestions?

Ah my equipment list might help, Denon 2105, 42" Pany PZ85 (1080p), Mission M33i M3C2i and M3DSi speakers. Chord carnival+ speaker cables if that makes any difference.

EDIT: Thinking about it I can use my QED HDMI P from my PS3 which I used for watching movies (and games). So a cheap HDMI for the PS3 will free up a bit more of the budget for the 5.1 phonos.

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
I use cables similar to THESE made by bluejeanscables who are in the states. I have a few MarkGrant analogue cables in my setup and can recommend them. If you want to stick to your budget, 3 sets of the blue Ixos XHA215 or Profigold budget ones would do. I've used the Ixos ones in a home hifi setup and in a also in a car audio setup and they're good quality cables.

PS. Thanks for the information on the deal @ play for the S760. I was looking around for a cheap BD player for the bedroom to replace my upscaling Sony DVD player and this will do just nicely, so I've just ordered one! :)

SpiceWeasel

Apr 10, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for that, btw you should be thanking robstar63 as he posted the offer in Hot deals. I can't wait to get the 760 hooked up and experience HD sound for the first time, a few people have said that the biggest difference between DVD and Bluray is the improved sound quality.

So far I am thinking of getting one of those £5 ish Thatcable HDMI leads for my PS3, need to do a bit of virtual shopping to see what phonos to buy.

SpiceWeasel

Apr 10, 2008
Visit site
AudioPlaya:Highly rate Profigold leads for a budget option that is still well made.

Thanks, just ordered 3x1M Profigold Skyline phonos for £24 delivered
emotion-21.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts