Cables for Musical Fidelity and AV set up please help

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi. Any help please re cables for connecting an Onkyo 875 to a Pioneer PDP 428XD and Panasonic DMP-BD30 Bluray player. I would like to get a great performance if I could and would love advice for HDMI cables and mains cables that members may recommend. Also what cables you may use for a musical Fidelity Xray and Dac, my analogue cables are Audio quest Quartz at the moment, my Coax digital is a no brand £20 mtr job but it gets a bit confused when the music gets busy. The speakers are Kef IQ7 fronts and Kef 3005 centre and Rears (the Kef’s are bi amped with Qed Silver Anniversary XT Bi-Wire) Hope that’s not too many questions for my 2nd post 1st being how do I post lol Thanks

A

Anonymous

Try Audioquest Jaguars, you can buy them for the states for a fraction of the cost here.
I am using them in my set up and for me they are the dogs, do the batteries work? not sure but they do sound good.

A

Anonymous

Thanks can you tell me if these are co axe or analogue most are in pairs so i am guessing that they are analogue.

Many Thanks

A

Anonymous

Thank you, my Audioquest are about 15 years old and cost £110 per mtr pair, would you imagine that Jaguars would better them ?

My main concern had been the Digital conection from the X ray CD to the X Dac as i am finding when you get lots of instruments it gets muddled.
I know that the Onkyo is AV but as it's biamped I doubt that its lack of power.

I even wandered if mains leads may help.

The CD for me is really good and the sound is great just would like to clear it up if i could when the instruments all join together.

Cheers

A

Anonymous

the Jaguar comes with something called DBS, which is a battery attached to each interconnect.

http://www.audioquest.com/pdfs/dbs_anaology_field.pdf

It works for me and the ex wife she noticed a huge improvement in vocals and bass.

Have a look around.......... http://www.audioquest.com/

for me these cables are very good, although UK prices are high!
I'm that convinced by them I bought 2 HDMI cables and again I think they perform better than my QED hdmi's.

Not sure about the digital range however if its as good as the rest then its a winner for me.

The best option for you though is to go to your local hifi shop and loan a few cables, it pays to play

A

Anonymous

Many Thanks had a quick look at the web pages you offered, may try a local dealer main problem is for me the local dealer is 80 / 90 mile round trip i could use postal trials but it certainly makes it slow work.

I have found some Jaguars for £149 mtr pair if in stock, but still considering a digital cable mainly as my Audioquest cables used in different systems have not had this problem and i guess its hard to think its a system out of balance.

Cheers

A

Anonymous

before you buy in the UK look at dealers in the states and in Canada as they are A LOT cheaper, with carriage my second set of Jags cost £95

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts