CABLE RUNNING & CONNECTIONS

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, im running QED HDMI into wall from receiver to tv. Is it ok to channel out wall lay cable in and plaster over top or do i need trunking the first option being easier because i will only need a narrow channel just thickness of cable.

Also im putting single socket behind lcd which is above fireplace for the tv.

So the connections tv into new single socket hdmi from tv to receiver, skyhd to receiver HDMI and optical to receiver for 5.1 , sony bluray player to receiverHDMI , PS3 to receiver HDMI thats it i think. From a seperate wall socket a tacima bar running bluray, ps3, sky hd, for the power oh and nintendo Wii to receiver using component video cables. Are all my connections correct?

The only cable i need to channel in to the tv is 1 HDMI and of course the power lead to new socket behind tv.

Many thanks guys

Darren

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
Personally I would recommend that you lay a conduit in the wall first, with a mouse (piece of string) in it so you can then pull the cable through once the plaster has dried. The advantage of this was is that you will be able to upgrade / replace the cable if there is arequirement to do so. If you plaster the cable into the wall, whilst initially easier it would be a complete b****** to remove /replace,

pioneer7

Jul 26, 2008
Visit site
Dito above, i would also chase out a channel for you mains as well, and plug into where the rest of your equipment is, i know it will be messy but will be worth it, also if you can wire in the HDMI to the TV and what ever it is going into, just to make sure all works well, you never know, then you can run it through the conduit, and as true blue said if you want upgrade later you can with ease.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts