Cable replacement for Ipod dock

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have bought a Denon M37 micro system with Tannoy Mercury F1 Custom speakers and a Denon ASD-1R ipod dock.

The music on the ipod is in apple lossless format.

Would I benefit from replacing the cable that came with the ASD-1R and if so what would be a good match?

A

Anonymous

I just have the Denon cable that was supplied with the ASD-1R

A

Anonymous

Does it just carry audio or does it have control in it? I'll try and find out, hang on............

A

Anonymous

It came with a seperate control cable so that you can control the ipod with the Denon remote.

The dock has RCA connecters, so I assume that I can use any cable that I like - as long as the link cable is still connected.

Thanks for the quick replies by the way.ÿ

ÿ

A

Anonymous

Right you can replace it with a 3.5mm phono cable but you will lose any control you had over it from your Denon system....

If this is ok how much you wanna spend?ÿ

A

Anonymous

The dock came with aÿseparateÿcontrol cable so I can still use that and replace the phono cable.

I was thinking of £30-£40 - something from QED or the Atlas Equator. Would a replacement cable make a big difference over the supplied Denon one?ÿ

ÿ

A

Anonymous

Sorry the Denon website is incorrect. You are right, you can replace it with a normal RCA interconnect.

A

Anonymous

You could try this which is an amazing cable and costs three times more in the shops.

You could search Gotham cables on ebay which are very cheap but are comparable with 4-50quid interconnects.

There is nothing wrong with your suggestions though.

A

Anonymous

bcookb1:
I have bought a Denon M37 micro system with Tannoy Mercury F1 Custom speakers and a Denon ASD-1R ipod dock.

The music on the ipod is in apple lossless format.

Would I benefit from replacing the cable that came with the ASD-1R and if so what would be a good match?

ÿ

Hi Bcookb1,

If it was me in your situation, frankly speaking, I wouldn't bother to change the rca cable between an ipod dock and the micro system.
I'm quite sure the money you spend on this cable will better spend on something else. Speakers perhaps. I remember the WHF review saying the DM 31 are worth a speaker upgrade.
If you're totally set on buying a cable, buy the Gothams mentioned. For 10 pounds they must be the bargain of the century, and will slot in a future seperates system just as nicely. Other than that, as a future upgrade, I would be looking at an arcam mini.

Regards

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts