CA 640C V2 vs CA 740C

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Is there a huge difference between those 2 players?. I've bought CA 740 Amp and I'm not sure if it was good idea is it not too good for my cd player?. Would replacing cd player for 740C make a huge difference? My speakers are Dali 6's floorstanders.

John Duncan

I wouldn't change when the DACMagic is available for £200, which can be used to upgrade a 640 to (more or less) 740 spec, and gives you another couple of inputs to make the most out of your PS3, Airport Express, Sky+ etc.

Unless you *must* have one box.

A

Anonymous

Do you think DacMagic would upgrade it so much? I mean I like the look of 740C and I hate look of dacmagic!:) I think they should do it at the same size as the rest of azur components! For me making dacmagic in a tottaly different size than other components is ridicoulus! It doesn't look nice in the stack at all! I would love 740C but I think is too late now. I bought my 640C V2 2months ago i Paid 280£ and if I want to sell it now I would probably have problem to sell for 200£ and 740C is 500£ so 300£ more...I don't know if it is worth...What do you think?

John Duncan

Yes agreed, though it's the same width as my 640p phono stage so will stack nicely
emotion-2.gif

This was what I was getting at - £300 is too much for the quality improvement you'd get, if you ask me - £200 (for the DACMagic) is much better value (to me), since it should also make my Airport Express a real hifi component........

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts