BW CM7 and room size

biggus_1961

Nov 24, 2007
Visit site
Ive listened to the just released new version cm7 which have more bass than the earlier cm7 i listened to a year ago...In a room sized 6.7m long by 3.7m wide would these be suitable..I did like the bass response from these speakers . I had been considering BW685 and the 608 sub..Im looking for a stereo set up only at the moment.

biggus_1961

Nov 24, 2007
Visit site
well yes i have a corner lounge opposit the tv..i'm actually using the coffee table at the moment as a tv unit so there is just open space between the tv and the lounge..Speakers would beon the 3.7m dimension firing down the 6.7m..At some stage the coffee table will be in front of the lounge but nothing else between tv and lounge.

B&W's generally need space to breath. If the speakers are placed around 18" to 24" from the wall they should be fine. The only way to really test your apprehension is to demo a pair and see how they sound. If you can't afford that sort of space from the wall, it might be worth looking at something like KEF floorstanders. The model I was thinking of is the IQ5SE's. They are very compact and aren't so fussy about placement (or even Monitor Audio RS5). The MA's are around the same size and every bit as good IMHO.

A

Anonymous

I am also uncertain as to what you mean by "new CM7's". However, as I own a pair of CM7's I know that bass can be tamed in a small space with the provided bass port bungs. I use these as my room which is not expansive, and they work a treat...taming the overpowering bass they can produce in confined spaces. Now the mids and highs are not muddled in distorted bass. It is not a problem owning floorstanding speakers in small rooms provided there is a way of controlling lower frequency response.

biggus_1961

Nov 24, 2007
Visit site
jaxwired:Wait a minute. B&W has a new mkii CM7? First I've heard of this...

mmmmmm maybe they were new into the shop but the bass was significantly larger than i heard last year, though come to think of it i think they were hooked up to an av amp in a large room..Last weekend it was certainly a 2 channel amp yamaha s2000 and s2000 cdp.

TRENDING THREADS