Buying in Hong Kong - Onkyo TX-SR875

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am visiting Hong Kong over the coming weeks and have been quoted HK$11,000 / £700 for a Onkyo TX-SR875, thats 30% or £300 less than UK prices Apart from warranty issues is there anything I should be wary about?(forgetting customs duty etc...) I assume it will be the same spec as the UK model?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Your best bet is a call to Onkyo to find out if there are any differences between the one sold here and the one available in Hong Kong. They'd also be able to tell you how you'd stand warranty-wise.

But don't forget duty and VAT - they'll add up to a pretty hefty £150 or so on your receiver, and if you pretend it costs less they'll probably whip out a copy of WHFSV and check. I know, because I've seen it happen at Heathrow!

And there's also the small matter of excess baggage - the TX-SR875 weighs around 28.5kg packed, and judging from past experience with BA, Cathay and Virgin flying out of HK, the baggage limits tend to get fairly rigidly enforced.

A

Anonymous

28.5kg!!!! That is a valid point though...Ouch!!! Fortunately I am a frequent flier with Qatar Airways and they give you 20kg extra when flying economy class which comes in useful. I live in the Middle East so will not be bothering those lovely people who meet and greet you at Heathrow for a while... Will check up with Onkyo to see if there is a difference regarding spec as I intend returning to the UK eventually, thanks Andrew.

A

Anonymous

You probably have been here and left. But i can confirm that the range only comes in gold.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts