buying diamond 9.0 and Cambridge A1 special edition. would this be a poor match?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
It seams that fate is choosing my equipment for me . Originally I wanted an A5 and tannoy F1`s but due to no stock and the tax man, The best system I can manage is now a Cambridge audio A1 special edition and some diamond 9.0`s.. Now I know there great for the money in there own right, but im not sure how well they will get on together as the amp is 30 watts in to 8ohms (although it can handle 4ohms according to the spec sheet) and the speakers likes 6ohms and there only 86db efficient. will this combo work fine or will the amp struggle?. Im hoping that the amps reputation for been robust means I can enjoy a little more wattage from the 6 ohms with out to much fuss.

A

Anonymous

I was thinking of buying a second hand denon 255uk amp still only 30 watts but that would mean I can buy the more efficient tannoy F1s. my only worry is whether the denon amp will be in good nick. it is been sold in a second hand shop though so i just hope they have tested it. ( or allow me to test it!)

chunky70

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Any solid state amp at 30 watts is a no no in my opinion,loads of stuff higher powered available on ebay. The higher powered the better.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts