Buying advice Stereo Amp

Rexxar

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone at whf forum. Iam looking for a new stereo amp for my speakers, "MA RX1" currently running then on my Yamaha V663.

The ones i have been looking at is Yamaha a-s500 and Marantz PM7004 and maybe if i can open the wallet some more and spend a more Yamaha as-1000

I have a hard time to try and demo the speakers to an amp at some store. I prefer a more warmish sound,

So i have been a little scarred when i have read about the A-S500 some say its a little warm other say its cold and clinical so its kind of confusing, I think my Yamaha v663 is a little bit on the warmer side and i like it. What i also can say that i have tried my speakers with yamaha rx 1010 and it was a little bit on the colder/neutral side i think at least in my home its reflective.

Marantz PM7004 feels like a safer bet but maybe its lacks power when i play loud and i like to do that some times"not always hehe:)".

Yamaha A-S 1000 really love the retro design, but maybe i feel its stupid to spend so much on an amp and overkill for the Monitor Audio RX1.So if you have any advice for me i will be most gratefull

Philim

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi Rexxar

Any responses on here are likely to be biased or unedcuated in the sense that they do not have your ears, music taste or heard all the amps you refer to.

Having recently been on the new hifi journey the things I have learnt are - always demo ideally home (pack jup your speakers and take them with you), demo a variety as most dealers limit their range to certain brands and what sounds good in that limited range may not be the best available as I have learnt through expense and if you can consider 2nd hand for better value - there are plenty of good 2nd hand dealers out there.

Good luck

PS Dont get conned by all the add you end up buying either.

Rexxar

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the answer Yeah it would be optimal if i could try it out at home.
Sadly its often very hard to return a thing when you have open it up and tried it and then return it.( Done that mistake one time:()

So my thought of my post is most that i need some guidlines where i can start to look and iam after a good allrounder, of Those amps i have mention i have to order from the internet, ( if iam lucky maybe i can find someone used)

Rexxar

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
I ended up pulling the trigger on the Marantz PM 7004 i did find it for 5000sek (around 480 gbp)

And i usally like marantz sound so i hope i will work well

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts