Buttkicker ?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hey I was going to sell my RSW12, but realsied I have no space for the BK Monolith+

I moved the RSW12 to were the Monolith was going to go, but seems like a bass black spot, I could not hear anything, so decided to keep my RSW12.

The RSW12 is a great Subwoofer with lots of bass but would like to feel it as well, and looking at some places they mention a buttkicker.

Were is the cheapest place to buy this, and how do you fit it, I have a solid concrete floor typical british house, were do these things go? and also how are they powered, off my subwoofer or my amp?

Thanks

A

Anonymous

Ravey Gravey Davy said:
canada16 said:
I have a solid concrete floor typical british house,
A typical British house does not have a concrete floor,either upstairs or down.

I thought most older british houses had concrete lower ground floors, well mine does anyway.

Been doing some more digging, they seem ok, and they have a wireless LFE kit and its about 400.00 but not sure if 1 LFE is enough, I have a L shaped sofa and want to feel it all along the back, not just in one seat and there is 3 legs alongs the back, do I need 1 LFE per leg, as if I do it will cost tons then, almost 1000.00

Thanks again

indyjase

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
[MODS - UNPUBLISHED DUPLICATE POST]

I am just about to build my own DIY buttkicker as I have an old sub about the house and thought it would be fun. If you google tactile transducers or basshakers (might want to be careful as to what pops up on that last one lol!)as well there are loads of ideas out there on how to build you own cheaply. I am starting my project tomorrow

indyjase

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
I am just about to build my own DIY buttkicker as I have an old sub about the house and thought it would be fun. If you google tactile transducers or basshakers (might want to be careful as to what pops up on that last one lol!)as well there are loads of ideas out there on how to build you own cheaply. I am starting my project tomorrow

pmarb

Jul 1, 2008
Visit site
I use x2 buttkickers on my sofa as I can rarely use the subwoofers due to living in a flat so listen to movies through headphones most of the time and still want the bass impact

I have a concrete floor and then underlay/carpet so bought x2 plywood sheets 25mm thick to put the sofa on - the first sheet lays on the carpet, on top of this goes the second sheet separated by the rubber dampers you can buy , and then the sofa on top.

I bought the separate amp and wired set up as it is rated more powerful than the wireless kit and take the 2nd subwoofer out on the back of my av amp to the buttkicker amp input.

All in all I think it is money very well spent and they do just what they say on the tin and to good effect :))

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts