Buttkicker owners

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
I have the wireless buttkicker setup but get frustrated by it either been turned down so low so doesnt really kick in or when loud enough to feel with big explosion can hear it hitting the casing, struggle to get a suitable balance.

Anyone else had this issue and found a solution?

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
I'm not at home at min but it is bolted upside down to the wooden frame of the sofa across the corner of 2 beams, so bolted tightly with 3 screws. My sofa sits on 6" legs on to carpet.

The lfe out is set to 0 and usually listen to amp at 56, gets worse with high volume, just ordered an attenuator to drop db level to the buttkicker I hope will give me more control over volume

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
the only difference in my setup is bolting it to the sofa but did follow the mounting instructions supplied with the item.

i did have rubber feet under all the legs of my sofa but werent the official buttkicker ones as didn't have enough, they are harder rubber than the official ones but have ordered some more buttkicker ones due tomorrow so will also try installing those as well

My attentuator also arrived today so will redo my setup tomorrow when i have some time

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
Not noticed any difference with new rubber feet, attenuator didn't help, actually went the other way and boosted lfe level output.

Watched new James bond and was really impressed didn't bang casing once and there is some strong vibrations through start of movie so thought was sorted.

Watched sicario and when car crashes through wall at start and they open fire hit casing, knocked during shooting on way back into America on freeway. Think some movies must just be recorded louder or push it a little further

Not sure if your expectations are different. When I had my buttkicker, it didn't kick in all the time, it only kicked in when the sound went below a certain set frequency. For example, in I Am Legend's first scene where Will Smith is chasing deer in his car, the buttkicker was activated only during scenes shot from inside the car, giving you the feeling of actually sitting in the car.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts