Burnt viewing card..

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi Guys, As you know with the "new" EPG Sky are running, the picture freezes etc... So, when I took my White viewing card out, I noticed that it was burning through, brown on top... I rang sky, they said we will send me a new replacement, great, I should receive it in 4 to 5 days.

However, as my new card is is in the post, they will now, within 2 hours stop sending any paid channels, ie Sky Sports etc, to my burnt white card. They cannot send the same channels to my burnt card, only the new card although I haven't received it.

When Sky did a nation card change, Blue, called P2 to the White P4, they were in complete control, it worked with NO problem. So why the problem now???

I explained, that were reliant on Sky for my pictures, only digital signals and asked had they not thought how they could ensure customers did not loose they paid channels in the event the White card failer...

No procedure to cover for this, oh. As I had lodged a complaint with there tech dept, customer services rang me back tonight merely confirm what I had already been advised, but they will raise it with someone else....They said they could send me a card by special post, 24 hour delivery but would still loose channels...

I now await someone else to ring me, hope my card continues to work for a while longer.

daveh75

Are you using an official Sky box?

The reason i ask is because there's been a number of cases of white Sky cards being burnt out when used in un-official/third party receivers...But upto now,hadn't heard of any cases of this happening in Sky boxes.

A

Anonymous

Hi, Yes an official HD box, had it for about 10 months. Tech guys at Sky could not give any reason for burning other than the box can run hot...

daveh75

The old blue cards used 5v chips and the white cards use 3.3v and it's this allegedly,that is causing the cards to burn out in third party receivers.

So just guessing but, maybe theres a problem with the card reader in your Sky box.

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
for tha last 48 hours something in my system has been playing up - when viewing sky tv the picture is flickering and looking like a 3d image like when you need the red and blue glasses - strange colours and shaking and sometime loses the hand shaking with my amplifier and projector - no such issue watching anything else - dvd etc so guessing its the sky box. It is also running very hot if place hand on it - removed my viewing card and def what looks like brown scorching marks on the opposite side to the chip

its a new amstrad box so just wondering if these are suffring with the heat!

A

Anonymous

Hi Folks, As yet I have not asked for a repacement card, as will have to wait the 4-5 days. I will have to bite the bullet at some time.

No one else with the same problem ??

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts