Bufferring Issues WIth Hi Res Music

Kubs

Nov 8, 2007
Visit site
let me try again.....
I thought I would make good use of my MDAC and downloaded some hi res music - 24/96 FLAC - Anita Baker ..... trouble is when I play a track from the album it plays for a few seconds, stops and then starts to 'buffer' (well thats what it says on my SBT ....

Any ideas .....

Kubs

Nov 8, 2007
Visit site
Hi nopiano:
SBT and NAS drive are hard wired to the router but the SONY Vaio is wireless .....
I may try and delete and download again ....

Hope that does the trick. Otherwise, have you got the settings right for hires music? I'm only two weeks into SBT ownership but it seems (from reading elsewhere) sometimes any decoding is better done by the server and other times in the Touch.

There are some recommended settings here:-

http://soundcheck-audio.blogspot.co.uk/2011/11/touch-toolbox-30.html

as well as a load of stuff I haven't tried.

Kubs

Nov 8, 2007
Visit site
Damn - didn't work .....

I will check the settings but I haven't had trouble with free down loads of hi res music ....

Thanks no piano I will take a look at the link you provided ....

Kubs

Nov 8, 2007
Visit site
Hi All,
Thought I'd provide an update:
I've downloaded the album again but this time using dbpoweramp compressed the album to level 8 - however the issue still remains ...
I also compared the albums sample rate to that of other hi res music I have stored on my NAS (the HDTracks free download):

Anita Baker - 192 sample rate; whereas
HDTrackers - 96 sample rate

Can I conclude that SBT is not that adept at handling 192 (as it claims it does) ....

I'm not sure what other avenue to explore .....

Kubs

Nov 8, 2007
Visit site
Hi All,
Thought I would provide an update:
I've downloaded the album again but this time using dbpoweramp compressed the album to level 8 - however the issue still remains.
I also compared the album's compression rate to that of other hi res music I have downloaded from HD Tracks (the free download):

Anita Baker - 192 sample rate; whereas
HD Trackers free download is - 96 sample rate

Can I conclude that SBT is not that adept at handling 192 as it claims it does .... ?
I'm not sure what other avenue to explore...
Are there any other streamers out there that can handle 24/192 or 24/96 ..... DAC doesnt have to be great as I have my MDAC...?

Ah, well that's a different story. The SBT never claimed 192 compatibility; what gave you that idea?

You can tweak it with something called EDO and use an suitable external DAC and it will handle 192 - or at least I've read that it will. But it wasn't designed to when it left the factory.

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?94512-Announce-Enhanced-Digital-Output-app-USB-Dac-and-192k-Digital-Ouput

Many streamers from Naim, Musical Fidelity and the like handle 192 now, though quite a few were 96 at launch and have since been updated.

Bon chance!

TRENDING THREADS