Budget streamer recommendations

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Don L

Feb 2, 2021
Visit site
Very pleased with the sound. Clear and bright through my speakers. Majority of my listening is done on cd and vinyl but this adds some more variety. Radio via the Zen also sounds good. Appreciate the advice given. Cheers

Reactions: camcroft

camcroft

How do I find my Bluetooth codec Android?

How do I enable aptX on Samsung?
Activate aptX HD in No Time
  1. Go to the 'Settings' app. ...
  2. Tap 'Build Number' 7 times. ...
  3. Go to Settings again and look for 'Developer Options' on the menu.
  4. In 'Developer Options' select 'Audio Codec'. ...
  5. Now, simply select aptX HD, connect your (aptX HD-enabled) headphone and enjoy high-quality audio in no time.
try this if you get there you should use one of the other codecs not SBC and the sound should improve

Reactions: Don L

record_spot

Hi
Am looking to add a streamer to my system which comprises Marantz 6006 amp and cd player and Dali oberon 5 speakers. Have around £300 budget. I already subscribe to Amazon hd and mainly listen to rock and pop from 1950s to 1980s. Some radio listening would also be good. Any hints/recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks

Arylic S10. Chump change money, sound quality better than it has any right to, 24/192, all the main streaming services, no DSD or MQA, no gapless on your own files, has vTuner for Internet Radio and a few other services. £55. I kid you not. Had mine for about 6 months or so? Love it. Use mine mainly for podcasts but perfectly good for normal listening. Should point out that no gapless on your files, but the other services are fine, so you get gapless on Spotify, Tidal, etc...

PlastermanOG

Sep 2, 2020
Visit site
@Don L
You should be able to use the ldac codec through the developer options, this codec streams at a higher bit rate than aptxHD.
Plus there is a recent firmware update for the zen blue that allows the led lights to be switched off with a double click of the pairing button.
The firmware can be found on the ifi website it requires downloading a contol app, all information on how to update the zen blue is on the website as a step by step guide. The update can only be done with an android device which you have.

Reactions: camcroft

Kartik_Sharma

Aug 18, 2021
Visit site
iPhone or tablet is that using the Amazon app?
Your Onkyo is a network player not a streamer ( if I am not mistaken ) which I know nothing about.
If you can cast to your Echo then you can cast to your amp but you will need Bluetooth to get the signal to your amp. My system consist of an amp and the other things like cd player turntable but when listen to my Amazon Unlimited music I connect to my amp using an ifi Blue Zen which I link to my Echo Dot on the Alexa app on my iPad and then it plays through the ifi blue Zen into my amp. I have two of the Zen Blues on two different systems and they are fantastic okay they cost £129 but they are really good. I also play my Amazon music straight through a set of Bluetooth speakers.
What do you have to say about the amazon echo link ? any good ? Can we play via airplay ?

TRENDING THREADS