Budget speakers for small study room

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Need a cheap study system... (Have an amp i think i will use so just need speakers)
Room is 7' x 11', concrete walls, wood over concrete floor, 2 small desks, book shelf etc. Speakers will be on a 2' wide concrete window sill so no stands in the picture.
With the Bose speakers gone, i am left with the old amp from my former home theater system, and with not a lot of second hand options in the country i am in for speakers i probably have to buy new. After deciding on the NAD 356BEE and Monitor Audio RX2 for my main system, i have listened to both the MA and Whartedale speakers below but just looking for opinions as i have no expereince in such a small room.

My amp... Onkyo TX-DS595 (75 watts x 5 @ 8 ohms, will support down to 4 ohms speakers), it has optical and coax digital inputs which will be good as the DAC is probably better (will have to listen to check) than the sources i will be useing, eg computer, ipod, cheap cd player.

What would all you guys choose ?
- Monitor Audio BX1 / BX2
- Wharfedale Diamond 10 / 10.1
- Mordaunt-Short Aviano 1 / 1XR / Carnival 2

(When looking for my RX2's i was not thrilled with the BX2's at all, but maybe if they get better with time they would be the best option if i wanted to later use them as rear speakers should i ever look to another HT setup)

Evan

Sizzers

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
Dali Lektor 1's are excellent in a small room, especially wall mounted (better than standed to my ears, just keep them away from the side walls).

A

Anonymous

Thanks, i will listen to the Dali's also since there is a distributer here. Although i cant wall mount then in my case but i do have a few poistions in the room and places i can put them.

A

Anonymous

I am in Singapore, but at that price I would almost be tempted to bring some back with me as I am in London next week.

Sizzers

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
The Dali's only take a screw and a rawlplug, and well worth the effort if you can find someway to accommodate them.

The 9.1 are great little speakers but think they need a bit of room to breathe.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts