Budget speaker decisions

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
So recently my trusty old AE Evo 1 speakers bit the dust, and are now propping up my collapsing bed, and I'm after a replacement pair.

These days my listening is almost entirely mp3s through my NAD C320BEE amp, in my reasonably small bedroom at low-mid volumes. A mix of electronica/techno/rock/indie. I'm after something that will give lively sound and good definition at relatively low volumes. Nothing muddy or boomy.

I'm also missing speaker stands atm, so depending on size they'll either sit on the desk or on a pile of books or something, none of which is ideal, I know.

I was just going to get a cheap pair of Q Acoustics but as usual have over-researched and now can't make my mind up. So, given all of this, several days of bargain hunting and a nominal max budget of £150 (less is better!), the choices are:

Q Acoustics 2010 - £80
Q Acouatics 2020 - £100
AE Aegis Neo 1 V1 - £100
Mission MX1 - £115
Dali Lektor 1 - £150 or Lektor 2 - £179
Wharedale Diamond 10.1 - £135 or 10.2 - £165
Monitor Audio BR 1/2 (can't remember prices).

At the moment I'm almost at a toss-up between the 2010s because I'm broke and the Lektors because they sound like they'd give very clear sound in my poxy little room and would be easily wallmounted. However, I'm also drawn towards the AE Neo 1s as the 'logical' replacement for my dead Evos.

Tibor

Oct 23, 2007
Visit site
Lively dinamic sound at low volumes with good bass : Acoustic Energy Neo 1, Neo 1 V2, Mordaunt Short Avant 902i, Aviano 1.I would go with A.E.

Dali and Q. A. also are good, but no so impressive at low volumes.

Happy New Year................
emotion-2.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts