Budget(ish) AV amp with pre-outs for stereo?

EarsEarsEars

Feb 18, 2009
Visit site
What's out there at the moment with front L & R speaker pre-outs? I probably only need 5.1, but would prefer something that decodes Hi-Def audio from my blu-ray or whatever. Budget probably up to around £600, but could *possibly* stretch for the right toy...

John Duncan

Or a fifty quid Yamaha 620 from the 'Bay with six-channel inputs fed from the BD55
emotion-2.gif

roger06

Dec 23, 2007
Visit site
Garth Man:what about the Yamaha 1065? I think that has pre outs. And it's £509 from Richersounds

I've done this (not from RS) - very happy with it. Pre outs feed a Naim Nait5i for front L & R...

EarsEarsEars

Feb 18, 2009
Visit site
JohnDuncan:Or a fifty quid Yamaha 620 from the 'Bay with six-channel inputs fed from the BD55
emotion-2.gif

I was considering this, but then figured I'd end up spending another couple hundred on five pairs of interconnects!

A

Anonymous

The Yamaha models with pre-outs start with the 765 at about £370, but the bargain price of the 1065 makes it a better choice over the 765.

John Duncan

EarsEarsEars:
JohnDuncan:Or a fifty quid Yamaha 620 from the 'Bay with six-channel inputs fed from the BD55
emotion-2.gif

I was considering this, but then figured I'd end up spending another couple hundred on five pairs of interconnects!

Three pairs. Get them on the 'bay while you're at it
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

Hiya,

i seen that the denon 1910 was shown to have pre outs? Is this not correct? and would be a cheaper option..........

Just asking as i am also interested.

roger06

Dec 23, 2007
Visit site
toebash:
Hiya,

i seen that the denon 1910 was shown to have pre outs? Is this not correct? and would be a cheaper option..........

No, it doesn't.

The subwoofer out is sometimes described as a pre out - which I guess it is - which I find misleading...

A

Anonymous

Thanks Roger,

Thats what i must have taken as pre outs (subwoofer out) Wish they just put it down like that?

A

Anonymous

toebash:

Hiya,

The 1910 doesn't have pre-outs --- you have to go for the 2310 for pre-outs, which is what makes it's Yamaha equivalent, the 1065 such good value.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
EarsEarsEars:What's out there at the moment with front L & R speaker pre-outs? I probably only need 5.1, but would prefer something that decodes Hi-Def audio from my blu-ray or whatever. Budget probably up to around £600, but could *possibly* stretch for the right toy...

What have you been using so far? It seems from your system that you are more into music than AV? If this is the case, I would play around a bit. You could pick up a Sony STR-DA1200es for similar to what you could sell your 640A. You could then get a much better stereo amp for what you are planning to spend on an AV receiver. Just a thought. As for phono cables, three sets of QED Qunex or similar for about £15 a pop would be fine.

EarsEarsEars

Feb 18, 2009
Visit site
Sorry, didn't actually answer your question - I'm just using the blu-ray to feed
the DacMagic with optical then into the Amp with front and rear
speakers + sub.

'sOK, but I'm sure I can do better. I've got Sky+HD arriving soon, so wanted to feed that through the amp too.

Cheers

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts