admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Gents

Need some advice on a reasonably priced DVD player to plug into my Onkyo SR605.

I have a Panasonic BD30 Blu Ray player but not impressed with DVD playback, in an ideal world it would upscale to 1080p and be ok with CD playback.

Can anyone help

Regards

A

Anonymous

John

Would be useful, i am looking at £175 or below

Have seen a used Denon 1930 for £140.00 on E-bay and have heard good things about the picture quality and sound, i have also heard this is better than the later 1940, also the Samsung HD870 (£80) seems to recieve excellent reviews although it doed not upscale to 1080p

Any thoughts

John Duncan

Sound is supposed to be a little bit better on the 1930, but not picture, so I'd say the 1940 ticks all the boxes and is available for as little as 130 quid new - it's what I'd buy next.......

A

Anonymous

The Denon DVD1940 have been going for less than £90.00 on E-Bay (used) lately.

Simon Lucas

Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
We reviewed Oppo's DV-980H DVD player (£160) in June's issue - five stars was forthcoming.

I'm not entirely sure why the review hasn't made it on to the website - the mandatory investigation will be launched.

On the subject of budget DVD players generally, we're currently in the midst of a £100-ish Group Test of DVD players from the bigger names. It's appearing in the October issue.

Simon Lucas

Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
Clare Newsome:We have reviewed one of the Oppo players, but it appears not to have made it to the site - i'll dig it up!

Yes... what the Director said.

A

Anonymous

Simon/Claire

Thanks for that will i find that in the DVD reviews in the next few days or will it appear elsewhere?

Regards

Dennis Michos

Jun 24, 2008
Visit site
Thanks Andrew.
Shall we expect a review of Oppo's 981 and 983 anytime soon?
I am so confused about the video quality of each one.....Is the VRST by Anchor Bay so much superior?
I think (correct me if I am wrong) DVD players with this technology go 3 times the price of Oppo 983
Thanks!!!!

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
Cambridge Audio DVD99

It also has a USB port and DivX playback (as well as DVD-A and SACD.)

(The Denon 1930 is badly built and the one I tried had an extremely noisy transport).
The Cambridge is aluminium body, picture not quite with the Denon (not bad though), but sound is better.IMO

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
Nope, Its 1080p (although I bought it for our downstairs TV which is not fullHD)

CD playback is very good in the price range.

A

Anonymous

Hi

Thanks for all the response, one last question, will the Onkyo SR605 (when i finally connect it up) improve the picture quality from my Panasonic BD30 or does the Blu ray player do the upscaling

Regards

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts