Bryston 4 BST - Is a replacement for Rotel

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Request advise on selection of HIFI Equipment

Hello Friends,

I own Project Debut III Record player and Monitor Audio GS 60 speakers with Rotel 1070 and 1080 Pre Power Amps. I am thinking of changing the Pre Power Amps. I am thinking of buying the following equipment. Arcam CD - 17 CD player, Arcam FMJ - C31Pre Amp and Bryston 4 BST Power Amp. The cables I have thought of are Monster MI-2s Speaker cable, Chord Company Cobra 3 and Chord Company Crimson interconnects. Should I go for Arcam CD 37 instead of CD 17. Instead of Monster speaker cable should I go for simillar Chord speaker cable. With so many products in the market it is confusing. Can anyone please advise.

Regards Thelapillil

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
thelapillil:
Request advise on selection of HIFI Equipment

Hello Friends,

I own Project Debut III Record player and Monitor Audio GS 60 speakers with Rotel 1070 and 1080 Pre Power Amps. I am thinking of changing the Pre Power Amps. I am thinking of buying the following equipment. Arcam CD - 17 CD player, Arcam FMJ - C31Pre Amp and Bryston 4 BST Power Amp. The cables I have thought of are Monster MI-2s Speaker cable, Chord Company Cobra 3 and Chord Company Crimson interconnects. Should I go for Arcam CD 37 instead of CD 17. Instead of Monster speaker cable should I go for simillar Chord speaker cable. With so many products in the market it is confusing. Can anyone please advise.

Regards Thelapillil

Yes, the CDP will wipe the floor with your turntable, but I would go for the CD37 personally. With regards to the amps I would go for a matching set (gain matched) either Arcam C31/P35(or P38) or the Bryston pre/power combo. And yes you could spend a decent amount of money on speaker cable to do this system justice, more than the £5/m of the Chord in my opinion.

A

Anonymous

Hello Joe,

Thanks a lot for the tips. I would definitely give a try to the combination you suggested. what are the interconnects and speaker cable you are suggesting. I am a novice in this matter. I decided on Monster MI 2S because I was told that they are good. Simillar with Chord Crimson and Cobra 3. I was not able to make the difference between normal cables and better ones. What is the difference between CD 17 and CD 37 of Arcam except that the CD 37 can play SACD. Thanks.

Regards Thelapillil

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts