Broken Ipod

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
My ipod died a few days back. Disconnected it from the car stereo (has a line out connector to charge/control from head unit), turned it off as other wise it seems to just stay on. when i went to connect it again in the evening I got an error message on the head unit and nothing happened. can't get any signs of life when it's connected, not connected or connected to the pc. Anyone know if it could be a dead battery or how i can check? its a first generation video i think so about 5 years old.

A

Anonymous

Well plugging it into the mains last night seemed to rescue it. Not sure how it's different from the car or computer but at least it lives. :)

A

Anonymous

Had a similar thing happen to me. I managed to clear the initial system freeze in the on position with a reset procedure which I think is hold down centre of wheel and play/pause for five seconds followed immediately by hold down centre of wheel and menu. It could be the other way around as I have not had to do it for ages.

With regard the AC power rescue, again I have seen this and think that below a critical discharge level, supply via USB or car kit doesn't seem to work. Not sure why but I am sure some one will.

Glad the old girl got resuscitated for you.

grdunn123

Sep 24, 2007
Visit site
5 years old!! Be on Antiques Roadshow soon!
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

I'm glad it worked too. It's only really used in the car so i couldn't justify a new one (especially having an iphone too). But wouldn't want to go back to swapping cd's even if they are mp3 ones.

I'm going to keep it going a while longer and then take it on. Think it'll last 30 years?

pwiles1968

Mar 22, 2009
Visit site
Could have just been locked up, going flat could have reset the firmware, as stated above if it happens again you can do a reset on them by holding the 'select' centre button and the top of the scroll wheel 'menu' in for about 5 seconds until you see a white apple logo, if you use iPods enough with different docks cars etc you get used to doing hard resets
emotion-1.gif

idc

There is a stall on the top floor of the Buchanan Galleries which does watch repairs and ipod batteries. I have used it for watch repairs and the guy was excellent. Any further problems and you try there.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts