Brackets for wall mounted speakers

Stevie9

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Hi,
Could anyone recommend a good bracket to wall mount small speakers. The speaker in question is the PMC db1i.
Many thanks
Stevie.

D

Deleted member 108165

Stevie9 said:
Hi, Could anyone recommend a good bracket to wall mount small speakers. The speaker in question is the PMC db1i. Many thanks Stevie.

There are of course the PMC brackets but they are ridiculously expensive. I have the same speakers and have them wall mounted using these:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/B-Tech-BT77-Ultragrip-Clamping-Loudspeaker/dp/B004DCAOHK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1472908095&sr=8-1&keywords=b-tech+speaker+bracket

Regardless of what others may say I find these a perfect solution.

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
The dedicated DB1 brackets are very expensive but they do work extremely well as you would expect .

https://homemedialimited.co.uk/product/pmc-db1-wall-bracket/

They screw into the captive threads already on the back of the speakers so they hold the speakers without clamping on to the veneer so no risk of scuffing the finish , they can also be adjusted up , down and sideways to a very fine tolerance.

I made a copy pair of these for a friend and it took quite a while to make them from scratch .

D

Deleted member 160668

Hi,

very interesting thread for me, I have DB1+'s, which currently live on custom built shields on top of Auralex Mopads and with acoustic foam, the spiky stuff behind them (yes managed to get that past my Mrs in the front room!).

Been thinking about getting some brackets to see if possible to further improve sound. Limited with options, can't do stands as kids will poke them, so need to be out of reach.

Curious as to sound quality with rear ATL port once on brackets. I was worried they would be too near the wall.

Can you please post an update once you've done, or if anyone has already done this. Any negative sound effect?

thanks all!

D

Deleted member 160668

*they live on custom built shelfs.

stupid phone autocorrect!

D

Deleted member 108165

amormusic said:
Hi,

very interesting thread for me, I have DB1+'s, which currently live on custom built shields on top of Auralex Mopads and with acoustic foam, the spiky stuff behind them (yes managed to get that past my Mrs in the front room!).

Been thinking about getting some brackets to see if possible to further improve sound. Limited with options, can't do stands as kids will poke them, so need to be out of reach.

Curious as to sound quality with rear ATL port once on brackets. I was worried they would be too near the wall.

Can you please post an update once you've done, or if anyone has already done this. Any negative sound effect?

thanks all!

I have issues regarding furniture placement so stands were out of the question, mine are mounted on the B-tech brackets in my other post above. The speakers are situated in a 3m equilateral triangle with my listening position at the apex, TV between them. The back of the speakers are approx 100mm (4") from the rear wall and approx 530mm (21") in from the side walls, with a 5 degree toe-in. I played with various positions over several months and found this to be the optimum position for my listening levels, (70dB peak), they still work fine at higher levels, but too high and bass can become an issue. I stopped looking at other speakers as soon as I heard what these were capable of in the right setting.

N.B. The 4" measurement to rear wall is the same as the OE PMC brackets.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts