Bowers & Wilkins P3

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
I want them. I really, really want them!

They look great and I have developed an irrational desire for the blue ones.

Hopefully they sound good as well. They'll get used occasionally in the office and almost every day in my favourite Waterstones/Costa plugged into an iPad Mini 3.

They need to be comfortable for up to a couple of hours a day.

Does anyone own a pair?

D

Deleted member 2457

Amazon did these for £100 on Black Friday, I will look around for some deals. I have listened to them in John Lewis, they are good but better still are the new or old P5's but then you could go way over budget. So I will keep it with the P3's. They are comfortable to wear too.

D

Deleted member 2457

White ones cheap here:

http://www.amazon.fr/Bowers-Wilkins-P3-Casque-Hi-Fi/dp/B0082471N0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1423315217&sr=8-1&keywords=B%26w+P3

D

Deleted member 2457

Blue ones cheap here:

http://www.amazon.de/P3-Ultraleicht-HiFi-Kopfhörer-MFI-Anschlusskabel-iPhone/dp/B00C6ACRPI/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1423315555&sr=8-2&keywords=B%26w+p3

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
gel said:
gel said:
Blue ones cheap here:

http://www.amazon.de/P3-Ultraleicht-HiFi-Kopfhörer-MFI-Anschlusskabel-iPhone/dp/B00C6ACRPI/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1423315555&sr=8-2&keywords=B%26w+p3
This one link works.

Click on the fourth icon from the left (at the top of the comment page) and paste the link into the box that appears......it saves posting twice, as the link will appear correctly in the first post.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Thanks gel. I'm not asking for 'bargains' (i'd buy from John Lewis anyway), rather I am asking for opinions on sound and comfort.

I'll have to order these so no trying them out first.

D

Deleted member 2457

CnoEvil said:
gel said:
gel said:
Blue ones cheap here:

This one link works.

Click on the fourth icon from the left (at the top of the comment page) and paste the link into the box that appears......it saves posting twice, as the link will appear correctly in the first post.

D

Deleted member 2457

chebby said:
Thanks gel. I'm not asking for 'bargains' (i'd buy from John Lewis anyway), rather I am asking for opinions on sound and comfort.

I'll have to order these so no trying them out first.
£110 tho Chebby! *smile*

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Given that you find primare and atc headache inducing I predict you'll find these grating / tiring very quickly. I went for V Moda xs for a more neutral sound, a better design, more practical and (IMO and E) classier looks.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
BenLaw said:
Given that you find primare and atc headache inducing I predict you'll find these grating / tiring very quickly. I went for V Moda xs for a more neutral sound, a better design, more practical and (IMO and E) classier looks.

Thanks. You are no doubt right about the sound - that's a pity for me - but the P3s are way better looking/more elegant than those XS phones with their mediaeval shields and gothic looks.

Looks like both options are null & void. One sounds cr#p (you've actually heard them and Dalethorn wasn't exactly encouraging) the other looks cr#p. (To me at least.)

Oh well. The P3s look so cool to me (I love cool looking gear) it's a shame. They even have the microphone / remote option.

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Sorry to have ruined the plan. There's plenty of headphones (including the v moda) that have mic and remote. There are other headphones in a similar style to the B&W, although perhaps not as nice.

D

Deleted member 2457

chebby said:
BenLaw said:

Thanks. You are no doubt right about the sound - that's a pity for me - but the P3s are way better looking/more elegant than those XS phones with their mediaeval shields and gothic looks.

Looks like both options are null & void. One sounds cr#p (you've actually heard them and Dalethorn wasn't exactly encouraging) the other looks cr#p. (To me at least.)

Oh well. The P3s look so cool to me (I love cool looking gear) it's a shame. They even have the microphone / remote option.
The P3's are not that bad. I found that very pleasing on my ear and they gets lots of rave reviews. It is a pity you can't demo but with John Lewis you can always return them if you don't like them.

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
chebby said:
BenLaw said:

One other consideration is fit and security on the head. The XS is fairly secure, but some people find it hard to accomodate unless they're able to bend the headband for best fit. OTOH, the P3 and its look-alike - the Harman Soho - just don't stay on my ears if I move my head even slightly. I think they need some earpad covering type that grips the skin a little better. The B&W P5 is very secure though.

BTW, the white XS with custom-colour/logo shields looks pretty good.

Womaz

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
chebby said:
My next port of call is my local hi-fi shop tomorrow to see Sennheiser Momentum On-ear (ivory if they can get them) for £129.

Do let us know what you think as I am considering a pair of these too.

nick8858

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
Nice sound I'll give them that but poor design. The chrome prongs havd come out from the headband more times than I can say. Now held together with Araldite.

BAD design I'm afraid. Also the hard case to too small and too tight, removes your fingers unless you are carefil.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts