Bowers & Wilkins 607 S3

Friesiansam

Considering you can get a pair of concept 20,s for under 300, these are way way overpriced.
There are significantly cheaper speakers than Q Acoustics Concept 20s, perhaps they are overpriced too...

You are ignoring the higher spec and, likely, higher performance of the B&Ws. This end of the market is highly competitive, not like the high end of HiFi, where buyers seem to regard paying high prices as essential.

Last edited:
Reactions: WayneKerr and Gray

clmbaz

Sep 18, 2023
Visit site
A nice review and helpful as I learn more about speakers. It's noted that these "Need care with system matching"

I didn't see where this was specified, can details be provided as I am interested in this set. Thanks

janul

Sep 22, 2023
Visit site
...makes me wander one think,, all other reviewers which I have seen and which are also known and respected, says 607 is big crap...

Gray

...It's noted that these "Need care with system matching"

I didn't see where this was specified, can details be provided as I am interested in this set. Thanks
What Hi-fi don't give answers to forum questions about their reviews.

But the part of the review relevant to your question was the following:

.....'You will still need to take care with partnering equipment though, as the 607 S3’s enthusiastic character leads to a rather forward presentation, and any similarly top-heavy kit can exacerbate that quality'.

In other words they're saying that the speaker is on the brighter side of neutral - so when system matching you should avoid brighter sounding sources and amplifiers.

Reactions: WayneKerr

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts