Bourne Trilogy and LOTR BD PQ transfer.............

A

Anonymous

dont know about the borne trilogy , but tlotr trilogy are good but not brilliant blu-ray transfers , the two towers and return of the king are better than the fellowship , all three are a big step in pq from the dvds imo ...

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
fayeanddavid:

are they any good, as in a full step up from the original DVD?

I expect the sound to be stonking but would like to know about PQ

Thanks

The Bourne Trilogy is good, but not a huge jump in picture quality IMHO.As you suggest, the sound is the biggest improvement.

fayeanddavid

May 27, 2009
Visit site
Thanks guys for the quick replies.

Play.com have them both at sensible money, I have them in DVD so was just checking..................before the inevitable questions is asked....................."haven't we already got these" ?

emotion-2.gif

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
fayeanddavid:

Play.com have them both at sensible money, I have them in DVD so was just checking..................before the inevitable questions is asked....................."haven't we already got these" ?

emotion-2.gif

I am hanging on for the extended version of LOTR.

6th.replicant

Oct 26, 2007
Visit site
Bourne BDs are awesome, much better than the DVD versions. Great sound, colours, contrast and depth. But consider that the image in all three is slightly grainy, which is deliberate due to the reportage-style filming technique.

Also, IMHO, Bourne 3 on BD is the ultimate test for a TV's ability to handle motion - especially the hand-held panning shots during the bike vs scooter chase.

dirtydean

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
fayeanddavid:

emotion-2.gif

I know the feeling......

Dean

manicm

I have the LOTR blu-ray trilogy. I know a lot has been said about the transfers not being great for Fellowship etc etc etc.

Let me categorically say the blu-rays, all 3 episodes, beat the DVDs with their pants down. Yes the noise-reduction nuts will ask you to take a magnification glass to it, don't - just buy it already.

A

Anonymous

fayeanddavid:

are they any good, as in a full step up from the original DVD?

I expect the sound to be stonking but would like to know about PQ

Thanks

bourne trilogy transfers are brill buy them now a no brainer.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts