Bought a Pioneer BDP-LX-71 based on What Hi-Fi review

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I collected my Pioneer BDP-LX71 blu-ray player on the back of your review and I must say that I am very pleased with the player picture & sound via analogue out are first rate. The player is very slick looking and quite chunky ( I like my equipment chunky as apposed to slimline). The haptic buttons are very sensitive but it's a nice feature, I played Iron man import with no problem. My Pioneer Amp VSA-AX10i-S sounded great with the LX-71 doing the decoding work. Although I paid nearly £3000.00 four years ago I did not want to upgrade the amp although I must say I was tempted by the SC-71 following your recent review, and half the price I paid for my AX10i-S do you think it's worth it

Thanks again to the What Hifi review team, keep up the good work

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Happy to help - glad you like the Pioneer BDP-LX71!

Why not write a user review on it? And see how you get on with your existing AV amp, but that new Pioneer receiver is a perfect partner for the Blu-ray player....

A

Anonymous

We got ours yesterday to and even from watching the Sunshine DVD the picture looks stunning and sounds even better through our system, chuffed!

Perfect partner for our 4280 ;) thanks for the in-depth review too to make us 100% on the purchase as I said before - excellllent :D

A

Anonymous

Did you notice any sound probs? The BDP - LX71 is not meant to decode DTS HD Master audio at present and the AX10i amp doesn't cover that. I have that amp as well and a pioneer 868 DVD player and am considering the upgrade that you have just completed
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

I connected the analogue audio out from the BDP-LX71 iinto the analoge audio in of the AX10i amp using Chord Crimson with test blu ray discs of Iron Man and Transformers and the sound was awesome but the blu ray discs where Dolby True HD 5.1 and not DTS HD Master. As I'm sure you know the pioneer AX10i is an extremely accomplished award wining amp and I wasn't prepared to renew it hence the blu ray player had to have it's own internal decoding. Pioneer will reease a firmware upgrade fro the BDP-LX71 to decode DTS HD Master in the new year. Just stick to Dolby HD 5.1 titles.

The HD sound output via the analogue in on the AX10i is awesome and definately better the Dolby digital 5.1, you wont be disappointed with the this upgrade and you definately don't need to get a new amplifier

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts