Boston Acoustics XS

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am considering to buy the Boston Acoustics Soundware xs speaker set, in combination with a decent receiver (Denon 16- or 1911).

I currently live in a rental appartment and do not want to fix all cables of the back-speakers on or into the wall, and do not want the cables lying on the floor either. In about a year or so I am moving, then it will be worth while investing a bit into having the cables fixed in or onto the wall/ceiling. So I am thinking to use them in a setup without the rear speakers for now, and will use the 2 rear speakers only after when I have moved.

Question: are the Boston acoustics suitable to be used in a front-only setup - I mean: does the TV and Music sound well (I will of course go and listen in a shop once I have made up my mind about what option I should choose)

Thanks a lot for your reply!

A

Anonymous

tried to change/move the thread but didn't work i think - thanks anyway for anyone who can give some advice!

v1c

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
I'm sure it would work and if you are going to audition them you could ask the question then.

I think though you would be better served by getting some Monitor Audio BR1's and a Monitor Audio BRLCR. These would be cheaper than the Boston XS and would give you a better quality sound until you move and decide you can move to a 5.1 set by adding a sub and rear speakers. Although they are bigger than the boston you won't need to use a sub straight away as the BR1's will give you enough base for now and you get some good quality cable as well in the price. As good as the boston set is i don't think it would match the sound quality of the MA's. I use the BR1's as TV speakers for my TV when i don't have the amp on and they sound great, music channels in particular and thats without a centre speaker.

A

Anonymous

Sounds like an option to consider, though the centre speaker looks a bit bulky with its 46cm.

Thanks, for the advice!

v1c

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
Compared to the BA XS yes compared to your average centre i would say it's smaller. See one in the flesh. The MA's represent fantastic value for money and with free chord cable at the moment... bargain.

A

Anonymous

That site has great deals, but unfortunately they do not seem to ship abroad. I am currently expatriated and live in Rome, Italy these days. Pity really because they offer the MA Vector AV system for a good price, that seems like the ideal set for me.

TRENDING THREADS