Bose Solo TV vs Denon DHT T100

spnk1

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
First of all hi to everyone, i've been lurking here for some time now. It's time to ask you guys for help :D

Now to the real issue, yes i know you can get better sounding 5.1 set for that money but it's not an option.

I have seen plenty of Bose Solo TV reviews and i can live with the cons of it, but i haven't seen one reliable Denon DHT-T100 review.

It's cheeper, has bluetooth and if you have to it withstand havier TV, does anyone know how it sound and how it compares to Bose little thingy?

Or maybe you can give alternative for both of them?

Thanks in advance for any help

Ben123

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
Ive just bought the Bose for my parents and it isnt worth the money. I would place its value at £150 - not 350! Like you i wanted to go for the denon but not having seen a single review it was a hard sell to the folks.

I would definately hold out for the Denon. Even if its on par with the bose its 100 pound cheaper.

Alternatives? Pretty much nothing other than the denon and the bose. I find it really strange that no one is battling it out in this untouched market. Im pretty sure there other people willing to pay for a one box solution like my wire-phobic parents.

Ive seen mention online of a LG LAP340 "soundplate". Doesnt seem to be available in the UK / anywhere yet.

spnk1

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
ha! It seems that this is a very popular "parents gift" to be made. Same intention here ;)

I think i need to bug more the people who are working in Denon stores for that, but T100 is not easy to run into, they can usually order that for you, but nothing is laying around to test,

Well, maybe someone here will know how it sounds. :)

Ben123

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
Havent looked in detail at these but Just spotted a few more....

Panasonic SC-HTE80EB-K - £250

Onkyo LS-T10 - £350

Time for a sound base shootout from WHF :)

spnk1

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
Panosonic seems fine and i like the design, to bad i'd have to import that ... oh right I should've problably mentioned that i live in Poland :D

Also Ben i appreciate the sugestions a lot :)

thank you, I'm checking that out right away :)

ROTH AV

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Roth AV press release for a new product in this category will be issued next week.

It's a bit special.

WHFS&V will be first to get the details.

:shhh:

spnk1

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
time to bump this with an update.

I've came across Yamaha YHT-S400 in Bose's Solo price ... and the confusion is bigger and bigger.

Dave2860

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I'd say denon, Im a huge bose fan but i think this product is pointless, If they included a wireless sub in the price it might be abit better but £350 is a silly price.

Best thing to do is to go to your local hifi shop with your budget and see what they can do for you.

tom2b

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Not wishing to hijack the OP's thread, but I am in a similar position in as far as I am looking to replace my current set up ( an old Teak Reference series 300 amp and a couple of old Phillips speakers...). no complaints about the sound at all, but looking for something more compact (and to be able to use a remote to control volume, which I cant do with this set up.)

To add to the previous considerations of the other posters, any comments on the Cambridge Audio Minx TV box versus Denon DHT-T100? ~would the Cambridge Audio have an edge because of the built-in subwoofer?

In any case, would a soundbox be a step down from what I have currently in terms of sound output?

I would be able to demo the Denon and Cambridge Audio, but just wanted some advice/opinions

Thank you for any comments!

spnk1

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
OK

Sorry for digging it up after so much time but i went with Denon and im really glad i did that.

It seems my folks are extensively using that for not only TV but also music and there i was thinking the bluetooth feature would be unused.

So if anyone has similar dilemma it's a no brainer. Go for Denon its cheeper, well worth the money, has nice night mode and you can link your BT device with it.

Legacy260

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
A first post here...hello everybody. I have recently purchased a Panasonic 50" plasma (GT60) along with a JBL 200 soundbar, which offers great sound. However it is not the best looking of items and the Denon 'box' DHT T100 may be a more attractive option. I will be getting one next week and will let you know how it sounds against the JBL. I cannot comment on the Bose, but do feel they trade on their name more than their technology too often.

meveritt13

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Hi Legacy260, I have just purchased at GT60 too and been looking at speaker platesboards and the Denon T100 has been recommended so would be very keen to hear what your opinions are of it once you've bought it. The alternative was an Onkyo device but it's a bit bigger but , as mentioned above, reviews of the Denon are very hard to come by. I've only seen one which was very positive, just a challenge finding a local stockist so I can seehear it in action for myself.

Ripsnorter

Oct 29, 2008
Visit site
I won't post the link as it is from another UK review website and it might annoy the moderators (I'm not sure of the policy here), but they gave the Bose 6/10 at a quoted price of £349.95 and the Denon 9/10 at £249. The Denon is praised for it's "smooth, detailed sound with well-controlled bass ... Robust build quality ... Two digital inputs." It was down rated for "No HDMI inputs" and being "More expensive than similarly specced rivals." The final verdict is that while it is not the best on paper, it trumps its rivals with an assured performance.

Legacy260

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
I am hoping to pop along to Sevenoaks Hi Fi over in Chorleywood (Herts) where they have a Denon on display. Talking to one of the staff there it does sound very good for what it is and obviously cannot compete with something costing £1,000 or more. But for a simple system to improve sound it ticks all of the boxes for a very reasonable price. I will respond once I have seen it up close and heard it for real with both dialogue and music. The Bose I am under impressed with and would not spend my money on it.....the JBL SB 200 offers great sound but i think the styling is a little clunky. The SB 400 is better style wise but i do not need the sub woofer.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
The problem with adding a cheap sub to a budget soundbar is that it is going to muddy the overall sound. While I agree it is nice to bolster the lower frequencies, the whole point of a soundbar is to reproduce a clearer, more intelligible sound. Also, adding in a sub, the price would no longer be £350, and more like £450/500 (Yamaha produce the cheapest subs on the market, from around £100 upwards, so basing my assumption on this price).

Mr Gaz

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
Hello

I've owned the Denon for a fortnight it far exceeded my expectations for such a compact system i've heard the Bose and used an Orbitsound Sb60 for a week .

In my opinion it easily beat both.

Sound is great voices are tonally spot on and easily picked out in the mix other systems fell short in this regard.

The sound is all there base is deep and fast mid range is good and the 2 tweeters pick out every detail amazing.

The additional sound modes all work really well advanced movie mode giving a really convincing wide soundstage .

Bluetooth aptx music sounds great from ipod .

I've only run it at half volume in second room it would easily fill a large room.

Plenty of reviews on amazon hope this helps.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts