Bose AE2 or Audio-Technica ATH M50

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello, just want to get some advice about what pair of headphones I should get.

I currently have a pair of Bose AE2 and I think the sound is pretty good, a definite upgrade from my other £30 pair.

But I heard the Audio Technica m50's are even better and slightly cheaper. I am thinking about returning them to the shop using their 30 day trial deal.

Since I am just going to be using them for listening to music on my Ipod Touch 4th generation is this a good idea? I mean are the Audio Technicas a huge upgrade over the Bose AE2 even for someone who only listens to music and doesn't mix or have a professional use for them?

Paulq

Dec 2, 2007
Visit site
Can't comment on the Bose but I have a pair of the AT's and also Grado SR80i's and the Audio Technicas are absolutely excellent - no regrets about buying them.

A

Anonymous

Im currently on the hunt for new headphones (or an IEM plus on ear purchase combo) and happened to listen to the AE2s today at lunch. At least I think that's the ones I listened to. Hugely unimpressed - booming, unruly bass that wasted everything. I checked out another Bose pair that was massively better in the bass department but still very weak.

Having had the chance to audition a straight out the box pair of Sennheiser HD25's on Saturday I can safely say they are a huge step up over the Bose. Even my £45 Klipsch s4's were better in all regards than the Bose's.

Haven't heard the M50s but I am pretty certain they will be a significant improvement over the Bose.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts