Boost sound from smartphone to desktop speakers

iain_j

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
I've recently recommissioned my old Samsung Galaxy S as a media player. Took off all the apps, installed GoneMad music player, put in a MicroSD card with all my music on, and hooked it up to my Creative T10 desktop speakers, which are powered. It sounds great, even with loud tracks on loud volumes, no distortion, but it's left wanting slightly on quieter tracks - I listen to a lot of classical, and any background noise can leave me straining to hear.

I've got the phone's volume on max, and the music app has a pre-amp setting which I've put up to the max. The problem is, the speakers start to hiss once their volume dial is turned above half way. This is from the speakers themselves, not the phone; they hiss the same with no device plugged in.

Is there something I can put between the phone and the speakers to boost the sound? I was looking at the FiiO E6 headphone amp, it gets great reviews but I'm not sure the sound would still be good on speakers. Or maybe a better pair of speakers which don't hiss so much at louder volumes? Hoping not to spend too much either.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Just get a decent bluetooth speaker rather than spend on a headphone amp. Unless you want party volumes this will be perfectly good.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts