bookshelf speakers

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
JoelSim:Funnily enough mr fr0g I thought their first album was groundbreaking and since then it's been downhill.

And personally I liked their 3rd best, and that's the point. Too often, silly people label music they don't like, as sh*te, or rubbish or cr*p, when what they ought to say is "I dont like it".

I 'dont like' Kylie type pop, or Baroque classical, or most jazz. But imagine how silly I would look if I said..."John Coltrane is rubbish"...

T

the record spot

fr0g:
And personally I liked their 3rd best, and that's the point. Too often, silly people label music they don't like, as sh*te, or rubbish or cr*p, when what they ought to say is "I dont like it".

I 'dont like' Kylie type pop, or Baroque classical, or most jazz. But imagine how silly I would look if I said..."John Coltrane is rubbish"...

Bullseye Mr. f - been having this self-same argument on the Hoffman site I frequent with a bunch of guys who bash the sound of the recent genesis boxsets. Once might be fair enough, but the ongoing prattling does my head in!

The fact they're compressed, limited and the rest is neither here nor there; the resulting sound isn't a bad listen frmo an audio perspective and SACD is superb. For all some of those guys are in the industry (professional sound engineers in some cases) they don't get that their opinion counts for nought to someone who likes the sets in question. Smart guys, but little evidence of it sometimes....

Good post.

John Duncan

Rubbish also, but it's my rubbish
emotion-2.gif

It's not snobbery. I have tried very, very hard to like them (and have actually bought all of their albums, though the new one not yet) because I feel I 'ought' to like them, but every time have been disappointed because I really don't get it. Same with Radiohead, heretic that I am (though Pablo Honey is alright).

T

the record spot

JohnDuncan:Can I say that couscous is rubbish?

By all means. But you'd be wrong.
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

The world would be a better place if more people ate couscous

And stopped thinking Pink Floyd were any good....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts