Bookshelf Speakers with NAD in COLD room?

richardhifi

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
Hi, I have been given a NAD C521BEE CD and was going to pair this with a NAD C320 or C320BEE (opinions on this welcome!).

In addition I need advice on second hand speakers. Which would you go for to overcome the acoustic limitations of the cold hard surfaces of a kitchen/diner environment. I was thinking M-Audio Bronze BX1, Q Acousitcs 1020i, WHarfedale Diamond 9.1, or anything else people suggest for under £100 on flea bay.

I generally listen to guitar or electronica indie style music and fear it might all sound a bit chilly despite what I read about NAD. Looking to find a combination that will neutralise the hard tile flooring.

Thanks for your help!

gasolin

richardhifi said:
Hi, I have been given a NAD C521BEE CD and was going to pair this with a NAD C320 or C320BEE (opinions on this welcome!).

In addition I need advice on second hand speakers. Which would you go for to overcome the acoustic limitations of the cold hard surfaces of a kitchen/diner environment. I was thinking M-Audio Bronze BX1, Q Acousitcs 1020i, WHarfedale Diamond 9.1, or anything else people suggest for under £100 on flea bay.

I generally listen to guitar or electronica indie style music and fear it might all sound a bit chilly despite what I read about NAD. Looking to find a combination that will neutralise the hard tile flooring.

Thanks for your help!

Nad C 316BEE then you might have some more money for speakers, you should definitely not buy the C 320BEE for more power then the Nad C316BEE it's not even 1 db in difference, mabye Boston a 25,Q acoustics 2020i, dali zensor 1 or pico

I don't think you can neutralise the hard tile flooring without carpets,curtains and other soft material

Thompsonuxb

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't worry about the hard floor. A kitchen is usually a 'warm' place once the stove/cooker has been in use for a while.

The warm air will negate the cold floor recommend the speakers are place high though. You don't mention the size of the kitchen though or if you're going to use wall brackets.

For a kitchen system you won't have to push the boat out to get a good sound.

Maybe an old pair of Mission 731about 20quid - genuinely good speakers - off eBay or the modern equivalents.

richardhifi

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
The speakers will go up high on bookshelf and the room is 7m x 4m (21 x 12) ish.

I think I'm going to gt the Q Acoustics 2020i as they are on special offer new for £99 in nearby store. I will then have a NAD 521 CD with speakers. Now need to get the Amp. Hoping to get a C320 or C316 BEE although there seems to be far more C320s knocking about.

I've been off work following a stay in hospital reently and this is my CHristmas present. :)

gasolin

richardhifi said:
The speakers will go up high on bookshelf and the room is 7m x 4m (21 x 12) ish.

I think I'm going to gt the Q Acoustics 2020i as they are on special offer new for £99 in nearby store. I will then have a NAD 521 CD with speakers. Now need to get the Amp. Hoping to get a C320 or C316 BEE although there seems to be far more C320s knocking about.

I've been off work following a stay in hospital reently and this is my CHristmas present. :)

Theres a difference between the Nad 320 and c 320BEE

http://www.hifiengine.com/manual_library/nad/c320.shtml

http://www.hifiengine.com/manual_library/nad/c320bee.shtml

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts