Bookshelf speakers for Rega Brio-R

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello all,

I decided to buy a rega brio-r amplifier and I was wondering which bookshelf speakers would match it better:

rega Rs1

or Kef Q300?

any other advice?

thanks in advance!

A

Anonymous

KEF R100's, B&W 685's and CM1's, Monitor Audio RX1's and RX2's will all work well indeed

I've only heard the Brio R with the CM1's and they sounded fantastic but have the others with the original Brio amp and the Rega Mira and they also sounded very good indeed

Demo needed I'd say :)

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
The RS1 sound fantastic, however demo some and choose what you like the sound of!

Reards to the Kef, i demoed them and thought they sounded muffled!

A

Anonymous

stevebrock said:
The RS1 sound fantastic, however demo some and choose what you like the sound of!

In regards to the KEF's you demo'd. Is that the Q300's or the R series as well?

If the Q series then I fully agree; didnt like the Q300's or Q500's at all; very lacking soundstage indeed whereas the R series were a complete revelation!

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
stevebrock said:

Humm... There is a forum member that has Kef R100 with thr Brio R and Rega DAC, and he made several home demos with other brands, and chosen the Kefs.

The forum member is THESTIG08.

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
therecruiter said:
stevebrock said:

yes it was the Q series - each to there own I guess but I didnt like them but thats what demos are for!

In regards to the KEF's you demo'd. Is that the Q300's or the R series as well?

If the Q series then I fully agree; didnt like the Q300's or Q500's at all; very lacking soundstage indeed whereas the R series were a complete revelation!

A

Anonymous

Thank you all for your contributions: i'll try to listen to the regas Rs1 and the dali mentor menuet, which are a bit more expensive but maybe worth the difference!

A

Anonymous

At the price of the Dali's I'd say you have to consider the KEF R100's as well (had a demo with them today and they sounded fantastic) and also the Monitor Audio GX50's

Again fantastic speakers :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts