admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I want to use my ipod on a small boat, I don't want CD or Radio, so I don't really want to buy a marine head unit. I have seen a waterproof amp around with headphone socket input and a separate volume control but no one has any stock. If I buy a 12v two channel amp as used in cars, can I connect the headphone output from the Ipod directly to the amp or do I need a pre amp? How do I specify the inputs I need? The unit will be protected from the water so I don't need a waterproof amp. Any help gratefully accepted, thanks

A

Anonymous

Hi, I would direct you to this website, as I helped build it.

http://www.bmea.org/

Good luck.

idc

Hi mr diesel. You do not say anything about a budget, so this is an option but a more expensive one.

The Russ Andrews RAVE USB amp is designed to be portable and it has the usual phon connections as well as a USB input. It is £215. Then there is a car charger and a battery pack to go with it, £10 and £18.50 respectively. To connect your ipod there is the GQ-24 cable, which is the best type of connection. It is £47 for the phono connections. Some speaker cable and speakers and you are ready to go. But overall the cost including half decent speakers will be in the region of £350 to £400. Though you can then take it home and use it with or withut your PC.

The site is here. Look under mini interconnects and equipment.

A

Anonymous

hes on a boat better to look at sailing today or similar and not worry about mr ra

A

Anonymous

the point was the sailing mags for the ideas lots of options there

but a car radio with ipod connexion is fine lots of models available just mount them high

use velcro to mount the ipod you dont need a preamp ands its much cheaper

you might want a radio with long wave for the shipping forecasts anyway

TRENDING THREADS